- Language: English
- 202 Pages
- Published: May 2010
- Region: Global
Primary Angioplasty. Mechanical Interventions for Acute Myocardial Infarction. Edition No. 2
- Published: July 2009
- Region: Global
- 264 Pages
- Informa Healthcare
The Second Edition of Primary Angioplasty provides an update on the rationale, techniques, and effectiveness of direct percutaneous mechanical revascularization for acute myocardial infarction. Through the use of "real world" methods, clinical perspectives, and mechanical support, this comprehensive resource guides interventional cardiologists and trainees through the angioplasty process safely and effectively.
Innovative and clearly presented, this text:
- includes coverage of the special needs of diabetic, elderly, and female patients
- explores stenting, thrombectomy, atherectomy, and other techniques
- discusses venous and arterial grafts, multivessel intervention, and aneurysmatic arteries
Section I: The Clinical Perspective
1. Pathophysiological Basis of Acute Myocardial Infarction
2. Major Subgroups at Presentation
Section II: The Technical Perspective
4. Platelet Glycoproteins IIb/IIIa Inhibitors
5. Mechanical Support
Section III: The Vessel Perspective
6. Right Coronary Artery (RCA)
7. Left Anterior Descending Artery (LAD)
8. Left Circumflex Artery (LCX)
9. Left Main Trunk (LMT)
10. Multivessel Coronary Intervention
Section IV: The Efficacy Perspective
11. Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Acute Myocardial Infarction in the 'Real World'
12. Assessment of Myocardial Infarction
13. The Concepts of Rescue and Facilitated Percutaneous Intervention in Perspective.
David Antoniucci Ospedale di Careggi, Florence, Italy.