LTE in the Middle East and Africa: Contracts, Operator Reviews, Spectrum Strategies, Subscriptions, Pricing and Forecasts 2011 - 2015
- Language: English
- 75 Pages
- Published: November 2011
- Region: Africa, Middle East
TM Forum's Quick Insights reports take the communication industry's hottest topics and offer preliminary research and analysis, often including interviews with senior executives and ideas from corresponding executive roundtables events. Written by renowned industry journalists and analysts the reports ask the questions we all want to know of opinion-leading senior executives.
Competition heats up, but where's the mass-market demand?
The sheer volume of mobile data traffic now demanding high bandwidth is spiraling and unrelenting. To date, long-term evolution (LTE) networks have been deployed by half of all nations where services are available and LTE is emerging as the technology of choice for Tier 1 operators in major markets around the world.
With numerous trial activities, a raft of pre-commercial LTE networks recently announced, and open and pending new spectrum auctions, we look set to see LTE deployments more than double by the end of 2011.
But while the global hype around LTE continues unabated, the market remains driven by service provider competition rather than mass market demand and there is scant data available on the actual uptake of LTE services – a telling reminder of an embryonic end-user market.
This report examines the global status of LTE and discovers the key issues that are both fostering and hindering LTE's progress.
Read this report to understand:
The LTE market environment
- Background on the commercial technical and radio frequency developments shaping growth
Regional LTE nuances
- Existing technologies deployed
- Levels of competition and market structures within individual nations,
- End user market maturity and preferences
- Regulatory conditions – not least of which relate to spectrum availability and its allocation
The status of commercial LTE deployments in detail
- Differences in operator business models
- Emerging trends with LTE infrastructure and technology
- Network and spectrum sharing models
- Spectrum availability
- Challenges for the emerging LTE device ecosystem
- LTE end-user service packaging and pricing strategies
Please note: This report is free to TM Forum members. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Welcome from the editor
Partnerships: What can they bring to the party?
Regulation: Making it through the money maze
How regulation shapes markets and roles around the world
Mobile money- Not just for the unbanked
How to ensure business evolution delivers the goods