Airlines in Mexico
- ID: 2064290
- May 2015
- Region: Mexico
- 34 pages
Airlines in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Mexico airlines market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2014 average annual exchange rates.
- The Mexican airlines industry had total revenues of $8,952.0m in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% between 2010 and 2014.
- Industry consumption volumes increased with a CAGR of 7.2% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 66.6 million passengers carried in 2014.
- The performance of the industry is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 6.3% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $12,142.7m by the end of 201
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the airlines market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico airlines market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Mexico economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Mexico airlines market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the Mexico airlines market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
ABC Aerolineas, S.A. de C.V.
Aeroenlaces Nacionales S.A. de C.V.
Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V.
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Mexico airlines industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Table 2: Mexico airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2010-14
Table 3: Mexico airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2014
Table 4: Mexico airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2014
Table 5: Mexico airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2014–19
Table 6: Mexico airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2014–19
Table 7: ABC Aerolineas, S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 8: Aeroenlaces Nacionales S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 9: Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 10: Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V.: key facts
Table 11: Mexico size of population (million), 2010-14
Table 12: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 13: Mexico gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 14: Mexico inflation, 2010-14
Table 15: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14
Table 16: Mexico exchange rate, 2010-14
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Mexico airlines industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Figure 2: Mexico airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2010-14
Figure 3: Mexico airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2014
Figure 4: Mexico airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 5: Mexico airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2014–19
Figure 6: Mexico airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2014–19
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2014