- Language: English
- 109 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: America, North America, United States
USA B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
- ID: 2075765
- March 2012
- Region: United States
- 74 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
B2C E-Commerce continues to grow in the USA
Analyzes the latest trends in the US B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories. It also provides information about internet users and online shoppers along with a list of top players.
Features the ten most successful US competitors with the largest B2C E-Commerce revenues. In addition to country of origin, head office, type of company and product range, company news and B2C E-Commerce revenue figures are listed. The ""USA B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" also provides information about digital content such as e-books and music, along with legal aspects of the B2C E-Commerce sector.
Growth spurred by group shopping and digital content
In 2012, online purchases in the USA are expected to grow due to mobile and social commerce as well as group shopping. The use of online coupons will grow further in the coming years and is expected to increase to 100 million users by 2013. The "USA B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" shows clearly that internet retailers were the most common target for patent claims in 2011 due to their growing revenue. Meanwhile, "Digital Content and Subscriptions" was the fastest growing B2C E-Commerce product category in 2011, followed by "consumer Electronics" and "Jewelry and Watches".
Amazon is far ahead of the competition
In 2011, the share of internet users in the US population reached approximately 80 %. The percentage of all internet users who shop online is forecasted to reach almost 80 % by 2015. The ""USA B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" takes a closer look at the main competitors in the market. In 2010, Amazon generated more online revenue than the next six competitors combined. In the online fashion and accessory market in 2010 Victoria's Secret recorded the highest revenue, followed by L. L. Bean Inc., while Apple dominated the online electronics market ahead of Dell and CDW.
- Growth in online shopping in the US in 2012 is projected to mostly be driven by mobile and social commerce as well as daily deals, while also more seniors and low-income consumers turn to online shopping.
- Until 2015, B2C E-Commerce growth ratesin the US are forecasted to slow down.
- “Digital Content & Subscriptions” grew by almost 30% in 2011, making it the fastest growing B2C E-Commerce category in the US in 2011, followed by “Consumer Electronics”.
- The number of online shoppers in the US is forecasted to reach more than 150 million in 2015, with almost 80% of US Internet users shopping online.
- In 2010, Amazon was the top overall B2C E-Commerce Player in the US, while Victoria’s Secret was leading in the US apparel and accessories market, Netflix in the US books, music and video market and Apple was the leading B2C E-Commerce company in the US computers and electronics market.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author’s international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in the US, 2011/2012
- Percentage of E-Commerce Transactions with Free Shipping, in %, Q2 2009-Q2 2011
- Coupon Usage Trends in the US, 2011, incl. Number of Online Coupon and Codes Users in the US, in millions, 2010, 2011 & 2013f
- Social Commerce Revenues in the US, in USD billions, 2011-2015f
- Daily Deal Sites Revenues, in USD billions, 2010-2015f
- Online Video Viewing in the US, in million average Viewers, billion Videos viewed and Videos per Viewer, December 2010 & December 2011
- M-Commerce Sales in the US, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
- Mobile Buyers in the US, in millions and in % of Mobile Phone Users, 2010-2015f
- Reasons for US Online Shoppers to visit an Online Store, by Top Mentions, in %, 2011
- Percentage of US Online Shoppers having bought directly from a Consumer Brand or Manufacturer Online, in %, 2011
- Online Shopping Frequency of US Online Shoppers, in %, 2011
- Trends on the E-Book Market in the US, including Distribution and Pricing and Percentage of US E-Book Buyers Shopping at Amazon, in %, 2011
- Regulatory Trends: Internet Sales Tax Collection Laws and Trends in the US, 2011
- Regulatory Trends: “Net Neutrality” Rules in the US, 2011
- Regulatory Trends: Anti-Piracy Legislation Trends in the US, 2011-2012
- Regulatory Trends: E-Commerce Patent Suit Trends, 2011
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, Q1 2007-Q4 2011
- Total E-Commerce Spending in the US with Travel E-Commerce Spending and Retail (non-travel) E-Commerce Spending, in USD billion, 2010 & 2011
- Total Retail Sales in the US, in USD billion, 2007-2011 and Sales of Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses, in USD billion, 2007-2011
- US Retail B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion and % Increase vs. prior Year, 2009-2015f
- B2C E-Commerce as a % of total Retail Sales in the US, 2010 & 2011
- Top 10 Gaining Site Categories in the US, by % Change in unique Visitors, November 2011 vs. December 2011
- Top 5 Gaining B2C E-Commerce Categories in the US, in % Growth, 2011 vs. 2010
- Top 10 Mobile Categories in the US, in unique Visitors and % Change in Growth, Dec 2010 vs. Dec 2011
- E-Book Sales in the US, in USD million, 2008-2010 and Number of E-Books sold in the US, in millions, 2009 & 2010
- Regular (Text only) E-Book Sales and enhanced E-Book Sales in the US, USD million, 2009 & 2010
- Share of E-Books on the total US Book Trade Market, in %, 2008 & 2010 and Share of US E-Book Buyers who increased their Spending on E-Books, in %, September 2010 & May 2011
- Number of E-Book Titles offered by Amazon's Kindle Store and by Barnes & Noble, 2011 and Share of E-Book Buyers who use Barnes & Noble or Apple for their Purchases, in %, 2011
- Digital Music Sales in the US, in USD billion, 2010 & 2011 and Share of digital Music Sales on the total Music Industry Revenue in the US, in %, 2011
5. Users / Shoppers
- Internet Users in the US, in millions and in % of total Population, 2009-2015f
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the US, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the US, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
- Number of Online Shoppers in the US, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2009-2015f
- Top 10 Internet Retailers in the US, by Online Revenues in USD billion, 2009 & 2010
- Rank 1: Amazon
- Rank 2: Staples
- Rank 3: Apple
- Rank 4: Dell
- Rank 5: Office Depot
- Rank 6: Walmart
- Rank 7: Sears
- Rank 8: Liberty Media Group
- Rank 9: Office Max
- Rank 10: CDW
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Apparel & Accessories Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Books, Music & Video Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Computers & Electronics Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Flowers and Gifts Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Food and Drug Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Hardware & Home Improvement Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Health and Beauty Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Housewares & Home Furnishings Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Jewelry Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce US Mass Merchant Companies, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Office Supply Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Specialty – Non-Apparel Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Sporting Goods Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies in the US Toys and Hobbies Market, by Sales, in USD million, 2010
- Average unique monthly Visitors on selected Retail Sites in the US, in millions, Q2 2011
- Office Depot
- Sears Holdings
- Liberty Media Group