- Published: November 2011
Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Canada
- 42 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
High Growth Potential for Canadian B2C E-Commerce
The new ""Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" analyzes Canadian B2C E-Commerce trends. Aside from revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories. It also provides data about internet users and online shoppers along with information on top players.
The report features the five top players. In addition to country of origin, head office, type of company and product range, company news and revenue figures are listed.
Amazon is very popular with Canadians
Canadian retailers are still sceptical toward E-Commerce, which is why US E-Commerce retailers are expected to increasingly enter the market with a wider product range than their Canadian counterparts. Growth rates of E-Commerce spending are predicted to grow significantly between 2011 and 2015. The percentage of B2C online revenue compared to all retail revenue is expected to reach approximately 10 % by 2015.
According to the "Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" the most popular product category for online purchases in 2010 was "Travel", followed by "Event tickets" and "Books, magazines and online newspapers". As much as 80 % of all Canadians over 16 used the internet in 2010. In 2011, the most popular online shopping retailer was Amazon. In June 2011, Walmart also started selling products online as part of its services, selling even more products online than at its Canadian outlets.
- Due to high costs and missing competition, only slightly more than 80% of Canadians had ever shopped online as of 2011, less than the global average of more than 90% and countries like Japan, the UK, South Korea and Germany.
- Retail E-Commerce spending was slightly below CAD 20 billion in 2011, with strong increases forecast until 2015.
- The most purchased product categories of online shoppers in Canada in 2010 were “Travel Arrangements”, “Tickets for Entertainment Events” and “Books, Magazines and Online Newspapers”.
- The number of Internet users in Canada in 2010, was slightly higher than 20 million, of which most lived in the Ontario region.
- Amazon was the most popular online shopping site in Canada in 2011.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Internet and B2C E-Commerce Trends in Canada, 2010
- B2C E-Commerce Forecast in Canada, 2011
- Online Shopping in Canada and Consumers ever shopped Online, in selected Countries, in %, 2011
- Number and Value of Online Orders in Canada, in %, millions and CAD million 2010
- Online Activities of Internet Users in Canada, in %, 2010
- Sources used for Researching Purchases in Canada, in %, September 2011
- Mobile Phone Users in Canada by Kind of Mobile Phone, in %, in 2010
- Mobile Content Usage of Smartphone Users in Canada, in %, September 2011
- Mobile Retail App Types that Canadian Students are interested in or have downloaded, in %, September 2011
- Online Video Consumption in Canada, by Age Segment in Average Hours per Viewer and Average Videos per Viewer, Q4 2010
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Canada, in CAD billion, 2010-2015f
- Share of B2C E-Commerce Sales on Retail Sales in Canada, in %, 2010-2015f
- Types of Goods ordered Online in Canada, in % of Online Shoppers, 2010
- Top 15 Gaining Site Categories in Canada, by % Change in unique Visitors, Q4 2009 vs. Q4 2010
5. Users / Shoppers
- Internet Users and their Percentage of Country Population in Canada, 2005, 2007, 2009 & 2010
- Internet Users by Region, in Canada, in %, 2010
- Breakdown of Internet Users in Canada by Region, in %, in Q4 2010
- Breakdown of Internet Users by Household Income, in Canada, in %, Q4 2010
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Canada, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Canada, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers on Internet Users in Canada, in %, in 2010
- Top Online Shopping Sites in Canada, in % of Internet Users, November 2011
- Facts about Amazon.ca
- Facts about Apple.ca
- Facts about Bestbuy.ca
- Facts about Walmart.ca
- Facts about Canadiantire.ca
- Facts about Ebay.ca
- Best Buy