- Language: English
- 85 Pages
- Published: October 2011
- Region: United Kingdom
Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Furniture & Floorcoverings
- Published: February 2012
- Region: Europe, United Kingdom, Great Britain
- Verdict Research Limited
A unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures. This is a sector report covering the UK furniture and floorcoverings market.
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
- Forecasts of how overall retail and furniture & floorcoverings will fare over the next ten quarters, with volume, inflation and total growth rates
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies
- The tough economic conditions will continue to impact upon the furniture and floorcoverings market as customers are cutting back on discretionary spend, especially big ticket items and the housing market remains stagnant.
- As well as the challenging economic conditions, the sector will also be impacted by legacy problems from the number of administrations in 2011, meaning comparatives are relativity tougher, particularly in H1. Consumer confidence will be dented, further encouraging them to be cautious.
- The market will remain negative but show signs of improvement in each quarter before returning to growth in Q3 2013.
Key questions answered:
- How does the furniture and floorcovering market compare to overall retail?
- Once the market returns to growth in Q3 2013, what factors will cause and support this uplift?
- As non-specialists such as department stores and DIY specialists become bigger, how will their presence influence the market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
UK QUARTERLY FORECAST SUMMARY
A review of H2 2011 and a look ahead
Christmas a mixed bag
Difficult environment illustrated by casualties
UK economic situation deteriorates
… and youth unemployment will harm specific sectors
Percentage point difference with Total Retail
Health & beauty forecasting changes
DIY & Gardening forecasting changes
Help and tips to use the quarterly forecasts
Copying data to Excel
Inserting slides into your own presentations
Ask the analyst
Table: Principle sources of data and information
Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology