U.S. DoD Sonar Markets
- ID: 2082413
- March 2012
- Region: United States
- 44 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Research to Meet Emerging Threats
This research service outlines efforts of the United States Department of Defense to upgrade sonar technologies. Operations, procurement, research, and services spending are summarized, and a sonar spending forecast is included. This study indicates aspects of sonar products and services spending emphasized by the Department of Defense so firms can invest in these growth areas. Also included are success factors for operating within the sonar market, drivers, restraints, sonar goals, technologies, programs, and competitors. The base year for financial spending is 2010, and the forecast period is 2011 to 2016.
KEY QUESTIONS THIS STUDY WILL ANSWER
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading market drivers and restraints?
- What are the top technology segments for the sonar market?
- What technologies and services will be emphasized?
- What companies are leading the market?
MARKET OVERVIEW - DEFINITIONS
- This research service is an overview of RDT&E, procurement, Operations & Maintenance(O&M), and services spending and contract activity for the U.S. DoD sonar market.
- Sound Navigation and Ranging (sonar) uses sound propagation to navigate, communicatewith, or detect vessels and objects.
- Passive sonar is listening for the sounds made by other vessels and active sonar is emittingpulses of sounds and listening for and measuring the echo.
- Sonar is used to determine acoustic location and characteristics of vessels and mines. A variety of acoustic frequencies and technologies are used by the U.S. Navy.
- Sonar equipment and sensors are installed at shore stations, fixed sea locations, aircraft, surface ships, submarines, and unmanned aircraft, surface, and subsurface systems.
- The platform costs and weapons are not included in this research.
- The research service does not include classified programs and budgets. A substantial amount of sonar development is not accessible to the public. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Total DoD Sonar Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
CEO's 360 Degree Perspectives
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)