• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
The Complete Guide to Hazardous Materials Enforcement & Liability: California
Specialty Technical Publishers, May 2013
California has one of the country's most rigorous compliance and enforcement regimes for hazardous materials and wastes. This is further complicated by the complex interactions among federal, state, and regional jurisdictions that address “toxics” not as a single issue, but as an amalgam of issues covered by separate protective programs. The Complete Guide to Hazardous Materials Enforcement and Liability: California details relevant requirements in straightforward, clear language and explains how they apply to the generation, handling, storage, transport, and use of these materials.
It is written primarily for attorneys by attorneys and is well used by corporate counsel and senior executives in corporations, accounting and engineering firms as well as by law professors and their students.
- Written in plain language with interpretations of legal and technical jargon
- Explains complex federal and state environmental laws and how they relate to each other
- Details the application of current legislation, including enforcement and penalties
- Outlines compliance requirements and deadlines
- Discusses precedent-setting cases and how they illustrate points of law
- Is well-cross referenced to case law, USCs, CFRs, and state codes and regulations
- Includes a broad array of useful supplementary materials (see Features section below)
- Air quality
- Cleanup of contamination
- Consumer protection laws
- Facility and homeland security
- Hazardous waste management
- Non-hazardous waste regulations
- Occupational safety and health
- Proposition 65
- Regulation of hazardous materials storage and handling
- Transportation of hazardous materials and wastes
- Water quality regulation and pollution control
Introduction - Offers an historical perspective that describes how policies and programs have matured and discusses how current government policies may evolve
Additional chapters cover - Comprehensive citation indices, forms, lists of standards, and lists of regulated chemicals and substances
Supplementary materials - Includes Matrix Wall chart that outlines laws and regulations by topic and provides information about implementing agencies and funding
Published on a Quarterly basis.
* For multiple user access options please click on Enquire before Buying *
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.