• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Issuer Ranking: North American Transportation Companies, Strongest To Weakest Nov 11
Standard & Poors, November 2011
Slowing economic growth and the risk of recession in some countries pose the most significant challenge for North American transportation companies over the next 12 months. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' economists have lowered our forecast for global real GDP growth to 3.1% in 2011 vs. 4.2% growth last year. We expect U.S. GDP growth to be more sluggish--only 1.6% (a little more than half that of last year)--and Canada to be only modestly better at 2.3%. Our economists also see a 40% chance of a double-dip recession in the U.S. This translates into varying degrees of risk for North American transportation companies. Well-diversified freight transportation companies, such as railroads and package express companies, appear best positioned, in our view,...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- AMR Corp.
- CSX Corp.
- Canadian National Railway Co.
- Con-way Inc.
- Delta Air Lines Inc.
- Florida East Coast Railway Corp.
- GATX Corp.
- International Lease Finance Corp.
- Kansas City Southern
- The Brink's Co.
- Ryder System Inc.
- Southwest Airlines Co.
- TTX Co.
- Union Pacific Corp.
- Union Tank Car Co.
- US Airways Group Inc.
- American Commercial Lines Inc.
- Air Canada
- Alaska Air Group Inc.
- Norfolk Southern Corp.
- United Continental Holdings Inc.
- National Railroad Passenger Corp. (AMTRAK)
- Kirby Corp.
- Evergreen International Aviation Inc.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
- Enterprise Holdings Inc.
- Overseas Shipholding Group Inc.
- Teekay Corp.
- Triton Container International Ltd.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC
- Canadian Pacific Railway Co.
- FedEx Corp.
- Quality Distribution Inc.
- RailAmerica Inc.
- United Parcel Service Inc.
- Aviation Capital Group Corp.
- Kenan Advantage Group Inc.
- General Maritime Corp.
- JetBlue Airways Corp.
- Mobile Mini Inc.
- YRC Worldwide Inc.
- Trailer Bridge Inc.
- Ozburn-Hessey Holding Co. LLC
- Avis Budget Group Inc.
- Swift Transportation Co.
- Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc.
- JHCI Acquisition Inc.
- US Xpress Enterprises Inc.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc.
- Global Aviation Holdings Inc.
- United Maritime Group LLC
- Marquette Transportation Co., LLC
- Western Express Inc.
- Aircastle Ltd.
- Allegiant Travel Co.
- American Petroleum Tankers LLC
- AWAS Aviation Capital Ltd.