U.K. Prime RMBS Index Report Q4 2011: Unemployment Figures Hint That Collateral Performance May Weaken In H1 2012 Feb 12
- ID: 2086313
- February 2012
- Region: United Kingdom, Great Britain
- Standard & Poors
Performance indicators showed signs of deterioration in Q4 2011 for the U.K. prime residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services rates. Overall, total delinquencies increased only slightly but macroeconomic factors, including GDP and unemployment, worsened. As the macroeconomic situation develops, we anticipate that collateral performance may weaken in H1 2012. U.K. GDP figures declined by 0.2% in Q4 2011indicating an increased risk of a near-term technical recession. There are also downside risks for the U.K. economy, linked to uncertainty on the depth and length of a potential European Economic and Monetary Union recession (see "Assessing The Severity Of The Eurozone Recession Is A Close Call," published on Jan. 31, 2012). However, we expect some, albeit low, GDP...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- First Flexible No. 6 PLC
- E-MAC NL 2004-I B.V.
- Southern Pacific Financing 04-A PLC
- Monastery 2004-I B.V.
- E-MAC NL 2004-II B.V.
- E-MAC NL 2005-I B.V.
- E-MAC NL 2005-III B.V.
- E-MAC NL 2006-II B.V.
- Permanent Master Issuer PLC
- Monastery 2006-I B.V.
- Arkle Master Issuer PLC
- Gracechurch Mortgage Financing PLC
- E-MAC Program B.V. Compartment NL 2006-III
- Fosse Master Issuer PLC
- Beluga Master Issuer B.V.
- Holmes Master Issuer PLC
- Dome 2006-I B.V.
- Brunel Residential Mortgage Securitisation No. 1 PLC
- E-MAC Program B.V. Compartment NL 2007-I
- E-MAC Program B.V. Compartment NL 2007-III
- Lanark Master Issuer PLC
- E-MAC Program II B.V. Compartment NL 2007-IV
- Dolphin Master Issuer B.V.
- E-MAC Program III B.V. Compartment NL 2008-I
- E-MAC Program III B.V. Compartment NL 2008-II
- Candide Financing 2008 B.V.
- E-MAC Program II B.V. Compartment NL 2008-IV
- Silverstone Master Issuer PLC
- Deva Financing PLC
- Candide Financing 2008-2 B.V.
- Trinity Financing PLC
- Goldfish Master Issuer B.V.
- SAECURE 9 B.V.
- Essence III B.V.
- Strong 2011-I B.V.
- STORM 2011-I B.V.
- STORM 2011-III B.V.
- Fishbowl Master Issuer B.V.
- Arena 2011-II B.V.
- STORM 2011-IV B.V.