• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Internet Law: The Complete Guide
Specialty Technical Publishers, May 2013, Pages: 44
Internet Law: The Complete Guide is the ultimate reference for the rapidly-changing field of Internet law. With its coverage of e-commerce, intellectual property, practicing law online, and individual rights, Internet Law explains how current issues (such as social-networking sites and spyware), as well as changes in Homeland Security, affect all forms of business. Internet Law is used by corporate council in all forms of business, lawyers, law professors and their students, Internet service providers, bloggers, social network operators, Web designers, Web training consultants, systems integration consultants, and government officials and employees.
- Presented in plain language
- Provides detailed information for each topic, supported by case studies
- Discusses legal rules that have emerged to govern online conduct
- Examines trends in online law and provides numerous analogies to law-governing transactions occurring outside the online world
- Stays up to date with current technologies such as wikis, blogs, video sharing, social networking, and more
- Hypothesizes about how the law will develop in particular cases
- Offers Dos and Don'ts Checklists, legal notes, sample forms and contracts, and more
- Agency law
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Antitrust issues
- Children's access to pornography
- Children's privacy
- Commercial law (general issues)
- Consumer protection law
- Domain names
- Electronic filing of Court of Court Briefs
- Employment law
- Freedom of expression
- Going online
- Government online
- Homeland security
- Legal profession in cyberspace
- Specially regulated entities and services
- Trade secrets
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Unsolicited e-mail
Detailed Coverage: The four parts, Business in Cyberspace, Intellectual Property, Practicing Law in Cyberspace, and Individual Rights provide in-depth coverage of key issues in each area of Internet law.
Checklists: Over 50 checklists bring potential problems to the fore and facilitate gathering information to support good business decisions.
Resources: More than 80 appendices, including sample forms and agreements with extensive explanatory notes; detailed compilations of online resources; the full text of important treaties, laws, and regulations; key policy documents related to Internet commerce and law; expanded case studies and full court opinions for landmark Internet-related court decisions; and Federal Trade Commission guides are included to help businesses comply with FTC rules.
Legal Notes: Author provides commentary and further discussion on points of law that will be of specific interest to legal readers. These are identified with the scales of justice symbol.
* For multiple user access options please click on Enquire before Buying *
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.