• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Latest Japanese Advances in Food & Beverage Freshness Preservation Technology & Packaging 2011
Pacific Research Consulting, October 2011
This English language report covers the latest Japanese developments in the area of food freshness preservation and packaging technology. The report covers in detail products from more than 70 different companies including "Oxy-Catch" from Kyodo Printing, "Maxive" from Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company and "CAS" from ABI. A brief introduction to the above 3 items is given below:
Kyodo Printing has announced the release of "Oxy-Catch" a new multi-layered packaging film with excellent oxygen absorbency characteristics designed to prevent the quality deterioration of the contents due to oxidation. The film absorbs almost all of the oxygen contained within a sealed package eliminating the need for the addition of a separate deoxidizing agent.
"Maxive" from Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company is the first adhesive to be developed in Japan for use specifically for packaging that prevents the permeation of oxygen and other gasses. The new adhesive restricts the permeation of 1/100 the amount of oxygen compared to conventional epoxy based adhesives.
ABI, designer and manufacturer of freezing systems has developed Cells Alive System (CAS) - a revolutionary freezing system suitable for a wide range of food items including confectioneries, bread, boiled rice, processed foods, seafood and meat that minimizes damage. The system utilizes magnetic fields to vibrate water molecules in order to control crystallization during the freezing process. As water molecules remain in the same state, the cellular structure of the food item is not damaged during the freezing process, preserving the original color, texture and flavor of the food.
Data used in the compilation of the report has been obtained from Japanese trade journals, manufacturer press releases, interviews with manufacturers and other related organizations in addition to trade exhibitions and events, etc. The CD-ROM format report is amply illustrated with color photos. The report provides full contact details for each company.
According the ”IT Market Report” published in April 2011 by the New York based news and information service Thomson Reuters, in the world food packaging sector, Japanese companies occupy all of the top 5 positions with regard of patents held. From the top these companies are: Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd., Toppan Printing Co., Ltd., Yoshino Kogyo Co., Ltd., Toyo Seikan Kaisha Ltd. and Fuji Seal International, INC. All of the above are packaging related companies. The number of patents held by the top 2 companies number in excess of 400, more than double the total amount held by the other 3 companies. The large number of patents related to packaging technical development held by Japanese companies undoubtedly attests to the prominence of Japan in the field.
We at Pacific Research Consulting (PRC) are confident that all the latest developments and trends in packaging technology and materials, etc. coming out of Japan are fully detailed in our English language monthly publication “Innovative New Packaging in Japan” and various subject specific research reports published by PRC.
A. INTRODUCTION TO REPORT
B. FOOD & BEVERAGE FRESSNESS PRESERVATION TECHNOLOGY & PACKAGING
1.Oxidation suppressing packaging film
2. Ozone sterilization system from Horix
3. New high gas barrier plastic from Kuraray
4. High function soybeans freshness -preserving packs
5. Kikkoman use new cap for soy sauce range
6. Tube type hospital food range
7. Low cost fruit freshness preserving bags
8. Low cost manual filling device
9. Printable oxygen indicating ink
10. Unique green tea beverage
11. Special enzyme-based food freshness retaining bag
12. Food freshness preservation "Himochi Bag"
13. The world's smallest capacity tube to reduce oxygen permeation
14. Pouch type container used for soy sauce
15. The first adhesive to prevent the permeation of oxygen
16. High-density polyethylene foam sheet for the packaging
17. EM Balance Series to preserve the freshness of food
18. Eco-friendly lunch container to prevent oxidation
19. Reusable oxidation suppressing pack
20. Oxygen absorber for pharmaceuticals.
21. Food pack check valve with low work pressure.
22. New standing fresh produce packs
23. Food freshness preservation container that emits silver ions
24. Home delivery haute cuisine from Maxim's
25. Retort package shelf life extended 6-fold
26. High-speed oxygen sensor for bottled beverages
27. Produce freshness preserving film
28. Natural freshness preserving powder
29. Freshness preserving film from Wako Kasei
30. Free oxygen absorber from Torishige
31.Wafer type food freshness preserver
32. Next generation freezing system from Mutumi
33. Protective cool box air freighting fresh fig
34. Vegetable freshness measuring device
35. New sliced tuna preservation technology
36. Hokuren and Moritetsu start storage experiment to keep fruits fresh
37. 3-6 month fruit & vegetable preservation system
38. Sea water slurry ice
39. Freshness extending egg packaging technology
40. Seawater sherbet ice maker
41. Pathogenic bacteria attraction & eradication technology
42. Cells Alive System (CAS) freezing system from ABI
43. Overview of Foodreams technology and products
44. K Pack uses electricity to sterilize small salad dressing pack
45.:Non-freezing vegetable freezer
46. Frozen food use by date extending moisture extraction process
47. Special freezing technology from Nara Coop Sangyo
48. Mayekawa MFG System strengthens sake, preserves flavor
49. High speed fruit beverage pasteurization
50. Nabel continues developing egg grading systems
51. Nimo Corp’s Mukin Kun destroys pathogenic microorganisms, protects food
52. Fantec Research Institute improves portable fruit quality tester for fish
53. Nippon Suisan and others promote spread of saury overseas
54. Professor of Kansai University finds use of food waste
55. Mitsubishi Electric builds home refrigerator with supercooling technology
56. Ido Reiki Kogyo develops rapid freezer
57. Oxygen absorption film
58. G-Polymer from NSCI Company 59. “GX Film” from Toppan Printing
60. BESELA with ultra oxygen barrier 61. Apple freshness preserving case
62. Room temperature cheese
63. New high gas barrier nylon film from Mitsubishi 64. Food vacuum packaging system
65. Wood food tray
66. Sushi Sheet
67. 7 domestic wines to use plastic bottles
68. New antibacterial & deodorizing cooling material
69. New free-oxygen absorbing from Powderteck
70. Home freezing / refrigerating kit
71. “Flat” tube from Daiwa Can
72. High gas barrier shock absorbing wrapping films
73. Kewpie reduce size of dressing bottle
74. Unique facial oil refill
75. High gas barrier nylon film for retort packaging
C. FOOD QUALITY PRESERVING AGENTS
76. Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc. (See 10-page photos in the study)
77. Powdertech Co., Ltd.
78. Iris Fine Products Co., Ltd.
79. Ohe Chemicals Inc.
80. Freund Co., Ltd.
81. Nihon Kayaku Food Techno Co., Ltd.
82. Ueno Fine Chemicals Industry
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.