Books in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan books market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices such as tablets. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The Japanese books market had total revenues of $6,924.8m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $5,819.0m, equivalent to 84% of the market's overall value.
- The Japanese books market has been declining for several years now, which indicates that consumers are moving to substitutes.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentationsl and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan books market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Japan books market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan books market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan books market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's books market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Culture Convenience Club Co., Ltd.
Kinokuniya Company Ltd
Top Culture Co. Ltd
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan books market value: $ million,
Table 2: Japan books market category segmentation: $ million,
Table 3: Japan books market geography segmentation: $ million,
Table 4: Japan books market value forecast: $ million,
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Culture Convenience Club Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 9: Kinokuniya Company Ltd: key facts
Table 10: Top Culture Co. Ltd: key facts
Table 11: Top Culture Co. Ltd: key financials ($)
Table 12: Top Culture Co. Ltd: key financials (¥)
Table 13: Top Culture Co. Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 14: Japan size of population (million),
Table 15: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion),
Table 16: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion),
Table 17: Japan inflation,
Table 18: Japan consumer price index (absolute),
Table 19: Japan exchange rate,
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan books market value: $ million,
Figure 2: Japan books market category segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 3: Japan books market geography segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 4: Japan books market value forecast: $ million,
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in Japan,
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in Japan,
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in Japan,
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in Japan,
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in Japan,
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in Japan,
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Top Culture Co. Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Top Culture Co. Ltd: assets & liabilities