- Language: English
- 257 Pages
- Published: February 2014
- Region: Holland, Netherlands
Books in the Netherlands
- ID: 2093919
- April 2014
- Region: Netherlands, Holland
- 24 pages
Books in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands books market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2013 exchange rates.
- The Dutch books market had total revenues of $1.5bn in 2013, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.2% between 2009 and 2013.
- The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $1.5bn, equivalent to 96.8% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline even faster, with an anticipated CARC of -3.3% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $1.3bn by the end of 2018.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in the Netherlands
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in the Netherlands
Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands books market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Netherlands economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Netherlands books market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the Netherlands books market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands books market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up the Netherlands's books market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Netherlands books market value: $ million, 2009–13
Table 2: Netherlands books market category segmentation: $ million, 2013
Table 3: Netherlands books market geography segmentation: $ million, 2013
Table 4: Netherlands books market value forecast: $ million, 2013–18
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Netherlands size of population (million), 2009–13
Table 9: Netherlands gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 10: Netherlands gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 11: Netherlands inflation, 2009–13
Table 12: Netherlands consumer price index (absolute), 2009–13
Table 13: Netherlands exchange rate, 2009–13
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Netherlands books market value: $ million, 2009–13
Figure 2: Netherlands books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 3: Netherlands books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 4: Netherlands books market value forecast: $ million, 2013–18
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in the Netherlands, 2013
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities