- Published: February 2012
- Region: Global
Books in the Netherlands
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Netherlands, Holland
- 28 pages
Books in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands books market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2011 exchange rates.
- The Dutch books market is forecast to generate total revenues of $0.8 billion in 2012, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.7% between 2008 and 2012.
- The physical segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $793.7 million, equivalent to 95% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline further but with a slower pace, with an anticipated CARC of -1.4% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $0.8 billion by the end of 2017.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the books market in the Netherlands
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in the Netherlands
Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands books market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Netherlands economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Netherlands books market by value in 2012?
What will be the size of the Netherlands books market in 2017?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands books market?
How has the market performed over the last five years? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Selexyz Boekhandels N.V.
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Netherlands books market value: $ million, 2008–12(e)
Table 2: Netherlands books market category segmentation: $ million, 2012(e)
Table 3: Netherlands books market geography segmentation: $ million, 2012(e)
Table 4: Netherlands books market distribution: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Table 5: Netherlands books market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 8: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: De Slegte: key facts
Table 10: Selexyz Boekhandels N.V.: key facts
Table 11: Netherlands size of population (million), 2008–12
Table 12: Netherlands gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 13: Netherlands gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 14: Netherlands inflation, 2008–12
Table 15: Netherlands consumer price index (absolute), 2008–12
Table 16: Netherlands exchange rate, 2008–12
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Netherlands books market value: $ million, 2008–12(e)
Figure 2: Netherlands books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 3: Netherlands books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 4: Netherlands books market distribution: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 5: Netherlands books market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities