- Published: September 2010
- Region: Italy
Music & Video in Italy
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Italy
- 30 pages
Music & Video in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy music & video market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The music & video market value reflects revenues from the sale of music in all formats, including digital downloads. It also consists of revenues from sales of Home entertainment products, including DVDs & Blu-Rays. This excludes Home entertainment equipment. All values are at retail selling price (RSP) and any currency conversions used have been undertaken at constant 2011 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian music & video market is forecast to generate total revenues of $794.2m in 2012, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -7.2% between 2008 and 2012.
- The video segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $454.3m, equivalent to 57.2% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline further but with a slower pace, with an anticipated CARC of -4.4% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $633.9m by the end of 2017.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the music & video market in Italy
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the music & video market in Italy
Leading company profiles reveal details of key music & video market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy music & video market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Italy economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Italy music & video market by value in 2012?
What will be the size of the Italy music & video market in 2017?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy music & video market?
How has the market performed over the last five years? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Italy music & video market value: $ million, 2008–12
Table 2: Italy music & video market category segmentation: $ million, 2012
Table 3: Italy music & video market geography segmentation: $ million, 2012
Table 4: Italy music & video market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Table 5: Apple Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Apple Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Apple Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Bertelsmann AG: key facts
Table 9: Bertelsmann AG: key financials ($)
Table 10: Bertelsmann AG: key financials (€)
Table 11: Bertelsmann AG: key financial ratios
Table 12: Fnac: key facts
Table 13: Italy size of population (million), 2008–12
Table 14: Italy gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 15: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 16: Italy inflation, 2008–12
Table 17: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2008–12
Table 18: Italy exchange rate, 2008–12
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Italy music & video market value: $ million, 2008–12
Figure 2: Italy music & video market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2012
Figure 3: Italy music & video market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2012
Figure 4: Italy music & video market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the music & video market in Italy, 2012
Figure 11: Apple Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Apple Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Bertelsmann AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Bertelsmann AG: assets & liabilities