- Language: English
- 395 Pages
- Published: December 2011
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
Homewares in Japan
- Published: June 2014
- Region: Japan
- 28 pages
Homewares in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan homewares market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The homewares market includes the following segments: home hardware, lighting, textiles and soft furnishings, and window dressings. Home hardware includes the sale of crockery, cutlery, glassware, home cleaning, home storage, ironing boards, kitchen utensils, rubbish bins and other home hardware like household scales and other mechanical devices. Lighting includes the sale of lamp shades, light/lamp stands, light bulbs, and table and desk lamps. Textiles and soft furnishings include the sale of bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen and other textile and soft furnishings like clothing and furniture coverings, door mats, laundry bags, parasols, shoe bags and shopping bags. Window dressings include the sale of blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains and hooks. The market is valued at retail selling prices with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2013 exchange rates.
- The Japanese homewares market had total revenues of $18.4bn in 2013, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.9% between 2009 and 2013.
- The home hardware segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $10.3bn, equivalent to 56% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 1.6% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $19.9bn by the end of 2018.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the homewares market in Japan
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the homewares market in Japan
Leading company profiles reveal details of key homewares market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan homewares market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Japan homewares market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the Japan homewares market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan homewares market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up Japan's homewares market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.
Nitori Co Ltd
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Japan homewares market value: $ billion, 2009–13
Table 2: Japan homewares market category segmentation: $ billion, 2013
Table 3: Japan homewares market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2013
Table 4: Japan homewares market value forecast: $ billion, 2013–18
Table 5: DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 6: DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials ($)
Table 7: DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financials (¥)
Table 8: DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Ikea Group: key facts
Table 10: Nitori Co Ltd: key facts
Table 11: Nitori Co Ltd: key financials ($)
Table 12: Nitori Co Ltd: key financials (¥)
Table 13: Nitori Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 14: Japan size of population (million), 2009–13
Table 15: Japan gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 16: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 17: Japan inflation, 2009–13
Table 18: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2009–13
Table 19: Japan exchange rate, 2009–13
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Japan homewares market value: $ billion, 2009–13
Figure 2: Japan homewares market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 3: Japan homewares market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 4: Japan homewares market value forecast: $ billion, 2013–18
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the homewares market in Japan, 2013
Figure 11: DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Nitori Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Nitori Co Ltd: assets & liabilities