- Published: June 2012
- Region: Holland, Netherlands
Homewares in the Netherlands
- ID: 2094093
- April 2013
- Region: Netherlands, Holland
- 28 pages
Homewares in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands homewares market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The homewares market includes the following segments: home hardware, lighting, textiles and soft furnishings, and window dressings. Home hardware includes the sale of crockery, cutlery, glassware, home cleaning, home storage, ironing boards, kitchen utensils, rubbish bins and other home hardware like household scales and other mechanical devices. Lighting includes the sale of lamp shades, light/lamp stands, light bulbs, and table and desk lamps. Textiles and soft furnishings include the sale of bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen and other textile and soft furnishings like clothing and furniture coverings, door mats, laundry bags, parasols, shoe bags and shopping bags. Window dressings include the sale of blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains and hooks. The market is valued at retail selling prices with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2011 exchange rates.
- The Dutch homewares market is forecast to generate total revenues of $3.8 billion in 2012, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2008 and 2012.
- The home hardware segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $2 billion, equivalent to 52.4% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to follow a similar pattern with an anticipated CARC of -0.3% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $3.8 billion by the end of 2017.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the homewares market in the Netherlands
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the homewares market in the Netherlands
Leading company profiles reveal details of key homewares market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands homewares market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Netherlands economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Netherlands homewares market by value in 2012?
What will be the size of the Netherlands homewares market in 2017?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands homewares market?
How has the market performed over the last five years? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Macintosh Retail Group NV
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Netherlands homewares market value: $ million, 2008–12(e)
Table 2: Netherlands homewares market category segmentation: $ million, 2012(e)
Table 3: Netherlands homewares market geography segmentation: $ million, 2012(e)
Table 4: Netherlands homewares market distribution: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Table 5: Netherlands homewares market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Table 6: Ikea Group: key facts
Table 7: Macintosh Retail Group NV: key facts
Table 8: Macintosh Retail Group NV: key financials ($)
Table 9: Macintosh Retail Group NV: key financials (€)
Table 10: Macintosh Retail Group NV: key financial ratios
Table 11: Maxeda B.V.: key facts
Table 12: Netherlands size of population (million), 2008–12
Table 13: Netherlands gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 14: Netherlands gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 15: Netherlands inflation, 2008–12
Table 16: Netherlands consumer price index (absolute), 2008–12
Table 17: Netherlands exchange rate, 2008–12
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Netherlands homewares market value: $ million, 2008–12(e)
Figure 2: Netherlands homewares market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 3: Netherlands homewares market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 4: Netherlands homewares market distribution: % share, by value, 2012(e)
Figure 5: Netherlands homewares market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the homewares market in the Netherlands, 2012
Figure 12: Macintosh Retail Group NV: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Macintosh Retail Group NV: assets & liabilities