- Published: February 2012
- Region: America, NAFTA, North America, United States
Toys & Games in Japan
- ID: 2094242
- December 2013
- Region: Japan
- 32 pages
Toys & Games in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan toys & games market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The toys and games market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of activity toys (including art and craft, building sets, learning and exploration, and sewing and hobby), dolls, games and puzzles (including jigsaw puzzles and card games), infant/pre-school (including intellectual growth education toys and other infant toys), plush (includes soft toys), outdoor & sports toys (includes outdoor games and sports such as cars and bicycles etc.) and other toys (including toys made of plastics, rubber, textile, die-cast miniature model toys and metal toys. This also includes action figures, youth electronics and boy character toys, which includes small racing cars etc.).
- The Japanese toys & games market had total revenues of $8.7bn in 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% between 2008 and 2012.
- The games and puzzles segment was the market's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $1.4bn, equivalent to 16.0% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.0% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $11.1bn by the end of 2017.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the toys & games market in Japan
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys & games market in Japan
Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys & games market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan toys & games market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Japan toys & games market by value in 2012?
What will be the size of the Japan toys & games market in 2017?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan toys & games market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up Japan's toys & games market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
KIDDY LAND Co., Ltd.
Toys “R” Us, Inc.
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Japan toys & games market value: $ million, 2008–12
Table 2: Japan toys & games market category segmentation: $ million, 2012
Table 3: Japan toys & games market geography segmentation: $ million, 2012
Table 4: Japan toys & games market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: KIDDY LAND Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 9: Rakuten, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Rakuten, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 11: Rakuten, Inc.: key financials (¥)
Table 12: Rakuten, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Toys “R” Us, Inc.: key facts
Table 14: Toys “R” Us, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 15: Toys “R” Us, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Japan size of population (million), 2008–12
Table 17: Japan gdp (constant 2000 prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 18: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2008–12
Table 19: Japan inflation, 2008–12
Table 20: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2008–12
Table 21: Japan exchange rate, 2008–12
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Japan toys & games market value: $ million, 2008–12
Figure 2: Japan toys & games market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2012
Figure 3: Japan toys & games market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2012
Figure 4: Japan toys & games market value forecast: $ million, 2012–17
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the toys & games market in Japan, 2012
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Rakuten, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Rakuten, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Toys “R” Us, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Toys “R” Us, Inc.: assets & liabilities