Books in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France books market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices such as tablets. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The French books market had total revenues of $4,080.3m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $3,815.1m, equivalent to 93.5% of the market's overall value.
- France will be free to apply a reduced VAT rate in e-books, since the European Commission is set to pass relevant legislation. Consequently, e-book sales in this market will be stimulated.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentationsl and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France books market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the France books market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the France books market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France books market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France's books market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Relay France SNC
List of Tables
Table 1: France books market value: $ million,
Table 2: France books market category segmentation: $ million,
Table 3: France books market geography segmentation: $ million,
Table 4: France books market value forecast: $ million,
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Carrefour S.A.: key facts
Table 9: Carrefour S.A.: key financials ($)
Table 10: Carrefour S.A.: key financials (€)
Table 11: Carrefour S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Groupe Fnac: key facts
Table 13: Groupe Fnac: key financials ($)
Table 14: Groupe Fnac: key financials (€)
Table 15: Groupe Fnac: key financial ratios
Table 16: Relay France SNC: key facts
Table 17: France size of population (million),
Table 18: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion),
Table 19: France gdp (current prices, $ billion),
Table 20: France inflation,
Table 21: France consumer price index (absolute),
Table 22: France exchange rate,
List of Figures
Figure 1: France books market value: $ million,
Figure 2: France books market category segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 3: France books market geography segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 4: France books market value forecast: $ million,
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in France,
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in France,
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in France,
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in France,
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in France,
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in France,
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Carrefour S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Carrefour S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Groupe Fnac: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Groupe Fnac: assets & liabilities