- Language: English
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Europe, Western Europe
Games Software in France
- ID: 2094470
- July 2014
- Region: France
- 32 pages
Games Software in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France games software market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The games software market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of console games and PC & Mac games. Console games includes the software used in games consoles hardware such as the Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. This also includes the software that is used in wireless or portable handheld devices such as the Nintendo DS, mobile and personal digital assistants (pdas), PlayStation Portable and Game Boy Advance. This category excludes the revenue generated through the sales of games consoles and handheld devices. The PC and Mac games includes PC games and Mac games and excludes online games such as casual games, massively multi player online role play games (mmorg). The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2013 annual average exchange rates.
- The French games software market had total revenues of $2.8bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% between 2009 and 2013.
- The console games segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $2.6bn, equivalent to 91.8% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.3% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $3.7bn by the end of 2018.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the games software market in France
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the games software market in France
Leading company profiles reveal details of key games software market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France games software market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the France economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the France games software market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the France games software market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France games software market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up France's games software market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Related MarketLine research
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: France games software market value: $ billion, 2009–13
Table 2: France games software market category segmentation: $ billion, 2013
Table 3: France games software market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2013
Table 4: France games software market value forecast: $ billion, 2013–18
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Carrefour S.A.: key facts
Table 9: Carrefour S.A.: key financials ($)
Table 10: Carrefour S.A.: key financials (€)
Table 11: Carrefour S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Groupe Fnac: key facts
Table 13: GameStop Corp.: key facts
Table 14: GameStop Corp.: key financials ($)
Table 15: GameStop Corp.: key financial ratios
Table 16: France size of population (million), 2009–13
Table 17: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 18: France gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2009–13
Table 19: France inflation, 2009–13
Table 20: France consumer price index (absolute), 2009–13
Table 21: France exchange rate, 2009–13
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: France games software market value: $ billion, 2009–13
Figure 2: France games software market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 3: France games software market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2013
Figure 4: France games software market value forecast: $ billion, 2013–18
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the games software market in France, 2013
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Carrefour S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Carrefour S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: GameStop Corp.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: GameStop Corp.: assets & liabilities