0 CHECKOUT

Automotive Report Indonesia 1st Quarter

  • ID: 2101470
  • February 2015
  • Region: Indonesia
  • 14 Pages
  • The Economist Intelligence Unit

Indonesia is the largest vehicle market in South-east Asia, with total vehicle sales of around 1.2m in 2014, and the automotive sector is an important pillar of domestic manufacturing, supported by increasing foreign direct investment. Passenger vehicles accounted for 72.8% of vehicle sales volumes in 2014. Commercial vehicles (including buses, but excluding motorcycles) accounted for the remaining 27.2% of sales.

Trends in the automotive industry are driven by interest rates, fuel-price movements, the exchange rate and economic growth. Passenger car sales remained flat in 2014, reflecting slower economic growth, depreciation of the currency, tighter lending criteria for automotive purchases and a reduction in fuel subsidies in mid-2013.

The Economist Intelligence Unit expects growth in passenger vehicle sales to average 10.1% per year in 2015-19. The expansion will be supported by rapid economic growth and a stronger rupiah, although the removal of petrol price subsidies, a reduction in diesel price subsidies and an anticipated pick-up in global oil prices will constrain the increase in new registrations.

Industry List: Automotive, Automotive, Commercial and other vehicles, Automotive, Fuel sources, Automotive, Passenger vehicles
Industry Codes (NAIC): 336
Industry Codes (SIC): 37

Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown

Automotive Report Indonesia 1st Quarter

Automotive report

Automotive report: Overview

Automotive report: Passenger cars

Automotive report: Commercial and other vehicles

Automotive report: Production

Automotive report: Fuel sources

Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown

PLEASE SELECT A FORMAT

  • Quick Help: The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format. This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.

HAVE A QUESTION?

If you have a more general question about our products please try our

FAQ SECTION

RELATED PRODUCTS

Our Clients

  • TRW Automotive
  • Johnson Controls, Inc.
  • Valeo
  • Volvo Car Corporation
  • Lear Corporation
  • General Motors Company