In existence for 15 years, the Highmark Inc. physician pay for performance program, Quality Blue, which continues to evolve, is providing its 6,300 enrolled primary care physicians the opportunity to earn bonus payments across six measure sets. Physicians are eligible for bonus payments across a broad spectrum of measures from clinical and quality measures to prescribing habits, access to care and level of technology use. In addition, practices can also qualify for a bonus payment based on their development and improvement of a Best Practice evidence-based quality improvement project.
During Physician Pay-for-Performance: Refining the Bonus Structure To Meet Market Realities, a 45-minute webinar on March 22, now available for replay, Julie Hobson, R.N., B.S.N., manager of provider engagement, performance and partnership at Highmark Inc., described how the program has evolved to meet today's healthcare market realities.
- New developments slated for 2012 to reflect meaningful use requirements;
- The bonus scoring algorithm currently in place that rewards physicians across the measure set and how this algorithm will change in 2012 to reflect market developments;
- A "best practice" approach to practice transformation that is customizable for each practice and is eligible for physician bonus payments;
- Going beyond the Medicare wellness exam in quality reporting in 2012;
- Attribution, reporting and payout methodologies; and
- Results from the program on quality performance standards and healthcare utilization rates.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings - no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to watch the program.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
- Medical directors
- Reimbursement executives
- Health plan executives
- Hospital executives
- Clinical and quality improvement executives
- Physician executives and business development and strategic planning directors. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Julie Hobson, R.N., B.S.N, is a manager in Highmark Inc.s provider engagement, performance, and partnership department, which is accountable for advancement and deployment of strategic design and development of provider driven health management transformation. She has been directly involved with Highmarks Provider Network Pay for Performance program for the past 14 years, working with practices in helping them to transform care delivery models in pursuit of superior care quality, optimal efficiency and value.
Hobson received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Villa Maria College (now Gannon University) in Erie, Pa.