• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Health Coaching Benchmarks, Third Edition
Healthcare Intelligence Network, April 2012, Pages: 60
Health and wellness coaching services allow payors, employers and even healthcare providers the chance to engage individuals in self-management of chronic illness, reducing healthcare spend and improving health outcomes and productivity in the process.
In its continued response to this trend, the Healthcare Intelligence Network has published Health Coaching Benchmarks, Third Edition, an analysis of responses of 161 healthcare companies to HIN's third annual e-survey on Health and Wellness Coaching conducted in August 2010.
This 60-page report, now in its third year, is designed to meet business and planning needs of employers, health plans, physician practices and others by providing critical benchmarks that show how health coaching is impacting health outcomes, healthcare spend and self-management of chronic illness.
In addition, this third annual collection of data points on health and wellness coaching presents actionable new data on health coaching activity, with the latest metrics on the prevalence of health coaching, favored delivery methods, targeted populations and lifestyle conditions, preferred behavior change models, coaching case loads and much, much more.
New in the 2012 edition: Metrics on the mandating of coaching for populations, the use of incentives in coaching and incented activities; commentary on trends in the health coaching industry from Melinda Huffman, BSN, MSN, CCNS, CHC, partner in Miller and Huffman Outcome Architects and co-founder of the National Society of Health Coaches.
Drilling down to coaching trends for specific lifestyle conditions - weight management, smoking cessation and stress management — and by industry sector, the third annual report supplements this data with more than 50 easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
Health Coaching Benchmarks, Third Edition, is an essential support resource for any organization considering, planning, evaluating or enhancing a health coaching program.
This report answers many coaching metric FAQs:
- How are individuals identified for coaching programs?
- What is the optimal coaching case load?
- What factors influence a coach's case load?
- Which modality should be employed to deliver weight management, smoking cessation or stress management coaching?
- How can an organization measure a client's engagement in and satisfaction with a health coaching program?
- How can an organization measure ROI from health coaching?
Benefit from peers' experience and get recommendations, advice and year-over-year comparative data on:
- Targeted populations for coaching;
- Targeted health conditions for coaching;
- Preferred coaching modalities telephonic, online and in-person;
- Matching coaching modalities to participants' health conditions;
- Enrollment trends eligibility, participation and completion rates;
- Recommended coach caseloads by coaching modality and the factors that can influence this;
- Suggested formulas for measuring ROI and program effectiveness;
and much more, including expanded data from the third annual HIN Industry Survey on Health and Wellness Coaching. More than 160 healthcare organizations report on current and future coaching initiatives, resulting in data on:
- The numbers of hospitals, health plans and employers offering health coaching today and those with coaching programs in the wings;
- Health conditions most frequently targeted by health coaching programs;
- Coaching modalities and health IT in use by respondents;
- Preferred behavior change models;
- Preferred coaching promotion models;
- Impact of coaching on healthcare cost, health risk and individual health status;
- Frank commentary on what's working in health coaching and the greatest challenges associated with launching a coaching program.
Health Coaching Benchmarks, Third Edition contains essential information to help you measure program and coaches' effectiveness and improve ROI.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network
- Survey Highlights
Success Factors in Health Coaching
- Trends Impacting Health Coaching
- Factors Determining Coaching Case Load
Using This Report
Analysis of Responses
Highlights from Survey Results
Responses by Sector
- Perspectives from Health Plans
- The Hospital/Health System Perspective
Q&A: Health Coaching Trends for 2012
Respondents in Their Own Words
Trends Impacting Health Coaching
- Most Important Contributor to Health Coaching Outcomes
Responses to Questions
Figure 1: All - Offer Health Coaching Program
Figure 2: All - Future Health Coaching Program
Figure 3: All - Targeted Health Improvement Areas
Figure 4: All - Program Delivery Methods
Figure 5: All - Behavior Change Techniques/Models
Figure 6: All - Qualifying Individuals for Program
Figure 7: All - Mandatory Participation
Figure 8: All - Incentives Offered for Participants
Figure 9: All - Incentivized Program Milestones
Figure 10: All - Average Monthly Case Load
Figure 11: All - Tools to Measure Performance
Figure 12: All - Program Promotion Methods
Figure 13: All - Members Covered Under Program
Figure 14: All - Targeted Populations
Figure 15: All - Impact on Health Status
Figure 16: All - Data Used to Measure ROI
Figure 17: All - Health Coaching Program ROI
Figure 18: All - Organization Type
Figure 19: Health Plans - Offer Health Coaching Program
Figure 20: Health Plans - Future Health Coaching Program
Figure 21: Health Plans - Targeted Health Improvement Areas
Figure 22: Health Plans - Program Delivery Methods
Figure 23: Health Plans - Behavior Change Techniques/Models
Figure 24: Health Plans - Qualifying Individuals for Program
Figure 25: Health Plans - Mandatory Participation
Figure 26: Health Plans - Incentives Offered for Participants
Figure 27: Health Plans - Incentivized Program Milestones
Figure 28: Health Plans - Average Monthly Case Load
Figure 29: Health Plans - Tools to Measure Performance
Figure 30: Health Plans - Program Promotion Methods
Figure 31: Health Plans - Members Covered Under Program
Figure 32: Health Plans - Targeted Populations
Figure 33: Health Plans - Impact on Health Status
Figure 34: Health Plans - Data Used to Measure ROI
Figure 35: Health Plans - Health Coaching Program ROI
Figure 36: Hospitals - Offer Health Coaching Program
Figure 37: Hospitals - Future Health Coaching Program
Figure 38: Hospitals - Targeted Health Improvement Areas
Figure 39: Hospitals - Program Delivery Methods
Figure 40: Hospitals - Behavior Change Techniques/Models
Figure 41: Hospitals - Qualifying Individuals for Program
Figure 42: Hospitals - Mandatory Participation
Figure 43: Hospitals - Incentives Offered for Participants
Figure 44: Hospitals - Incentivized Program Milestones
Figure 45: Hospitals - Average Monthly Case Load
Figure 46: Hospitals - Tools to Measure Performance
Figure 47: Hospitals - Program Promotion Methods
Figure 48: Hospitals - Members Covered Under Program
Figure 49: Hospitals - Targeted Populations
Figure 50: Hospitals - Impact on Health Status
Figure 51: Hospitals - Data Used to Measure ROI
Figure 52: Hospitals - Health Coaching Program ROI
Appendix A: Health Coaching Survey Tool
About the Contributing Speaker