Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011-2015
Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011-2015
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Global
- 37 pages
- Infiniti Research Limited
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Global Flash Memory Cards market to grow at a CAGR of -5.6 percent over the period 2011–2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing demand for storage devices in smartphones. The Global Flash Memory Cards market has also been witnessing the introduction of high-density memory cards. However, portable devices with voluminous in-built memory could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
TechNavio’s report, the Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011–2015, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Flash Memory Cards market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market. The scope of this report includes the market for all types of Flash Memory Card across end-user segments. A multitude of form factors exist, primarily because of the fragmentation of the consumer electronics market, with OEMs endorsing a variety of interface standards. The various form
factors and interface standards covered in this report as follows:
- Secure Digital: Contains up to four flash chips and an onboard controller. It is the leading form factor in the digital camera market. MiniSD and SDmicro are the new smaller versions.
- Memory Stick: Promoted by Sony, Memory Stick contains flash and an onboard controller and has excellent security and copyright protection features. Memory Stick Duo is a smaller version, while Memory Stick Micro (also called M2) is the newest and smallest.
- MultiMediaCard: Contains flash and an onboard controller and can be used in devices that support SD. Strong OEM support and lack of royalties have driven adoption. RS-MMC and MMCmicro are reduced size versions.
- CompactFlash: Contains flash memory and an on-board controller IC, which does not allow the host system to directly access the flash memory. CompactFlash has been largely displaced by other form factors.
- Picture Card: Promoted by Fuji and Olympus, this small form factor is targeted at digital cameras.
- SmartMedia: SmartMedia cards contain NAND flash memory without a controller IC, making it a lower-cost option compared with CompactFlash. SmartMedia has seen limited adoption due to capacity limitations.
The markets that are not covered in this report are as follows:
- Flash memory semiconductor, solid-state drive and hard disk drive (HDD), and embedded solutions providers
- Any support, maintenance, services that are offered for/with Flash memory cards
- Components that are used in building/manufacturing/production of Flash memory cards
- Any kind of memory cards that do not belong to flash memory cards category
Key vendors dominating this market space include Kingston Technology Co., SanDisk Corp., Toshiba Electronics Europe, and Transcend Information Inc.
Key questions answered in this report:
What will the market size be in 2015 and at what rate will it grow?
What key trends is this market subject to?
What is driving this market?
What are the challenges to market growth?
Who are the key vendors in this market space?
What are the opportunities and threats faced by each of these key vendors?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these key vendors?
READ MORE >
01. Executive Summary
03. Market Coverage
04. Market Landscape
05. Geographical Segmentation
06. Key Leading Countries
07. Vendor Landscape
08. Buying Criteria
09. Market Growth Drivers
10. Drivers and their Impact
11. Market Challenges
12. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
13. Market Trends
14. Key Vendor Analysis
14.1 SanDisk Corp.
14.2 Toshiba Electronics Europe
14.3 Kingston Technology Co.
14.4 Transcend Information Inc.
15. Other Reports in this Series
List of Exhibits:
Exhibit 1: Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011–2015 (US$ million)
Exhibit 2: Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011–2015 (million units)
Exhibit 3: Global Flash Memory Cards Market by Product Segmentation 2011
Exhibit 4: Global Flash Memory Cards Market by End-user Segmentation 2011
Exhibit 5: Global Flash Memory Cards Market by Geographical Segmentation 2011
Exhibit 6: Global Flash Memory Cards Market by Vendor Segmentation 2011
TechNavio Announces the Publication of its Report – Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011–2015
TechNavio today launched its report Global Flash Memory Cards Market 2011–2015 based on an in-depth study covering the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions. The report aims to aid decision makers’ understanding of the key trends impacting this market.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from TechNavio’s Hardware team said, “The emergence of evolving technology in the Communication industry through high-end cell phones and smartphones is driving the demand for increased storage capacity. The availability of advanced and integrated solutions in smartphones drives consumers to exploit the advantages of these features. To meet this demand, consumers are increasingly using memory cards because of their light weight and increased storage capacity.”
According to the report, vendors that offer electronic gadgets are very keen on providing ports and interfaces for flash memory cards such as SD/SDHC/SDXC cards. Advancements in memory cards as well as gadgets in which these cards can be used are promoting the growth of the Global Flash Memory Cards market.
Further, the report also discusses that with enough in-built memory in the other electronic gadgets, customers' preference for SD cards is minimizing in the market.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key players.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown