• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Analysis of the U.S. DoD Soldier and Crew Served Weapons Market
Frost & Sullivan, March 2012, Pages: 40
This research service focuses on categories of spending, including: research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, operations and maintenance (O&M), and services. Contract activity for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Soldier and Crew Served Weapons market is also included. The U.S. DoD Soldier and Crew Served Weapons market is comprised of handguns, shotguns, rifles, carbines, grenade launchers, and machine guns. This study indicates which soldier and crew served weapons products and services are emphasized in DoD budget spending. The base year for financial spending is 2010, and the market forecast is from 2011 to 2016.
Market Overview - Definitions
- This research service focuses on the categories of budget spending for the DoD soldier and crew served weapons market, which includes: Research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, operations and maintenance (O&M) funding, and contract activities.
- Soldier and crew served weapons included in this study are: Handguns, rifles/carbines, shotguns, grenade launchers, and machine guns.
- Weapons accessories, such as optics, sensors, rails, suppressors, ballistic computers, and other tools, are not included in this research.
- Ammunition and exhaustive listing of calibers is not included in this research
- This research service does not include classified programs and budgets. A substantial amount of weapons procurement is not accessible to the public.
- Program funding is derived from the DoD FY 2012 request. Contract and industry-competitive data is based on the 2011 calendar year.
- Program funding and contract values do not always align year to year due to a combination of administration costs, multiyear contracts, and technology use across segments.
- Program and contract-funding forecasts beyond 2012 are made at the analyst's discretion.
DoD Soldier and Crew Served Weapons Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
CEO's 360 Degree Perspective on the Weapons Industry
The Last Word
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.