• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Consumer Trends in Specialty Rice
Datamonitor, March 2012, Pages: 36
This conference presentation from Rice Trade Outlook 2012 considers how current consumer mega-trends identified by The TrendSights model can influence and provide opportunities for the innovation and marketing of speciality rice varieties.
While speciality rice varieties represent only a small proportion of the overall rice category, their intrinsic properties meet a number of consumer demands and expectations, and as such offer many exciting opportunities for the innovation and marketing of new products in this space.
- Discover which key consumer trends apply to speciality rice.
- Understand how to tailor innovation and marketing to meet consumer expectations.
- Analyse current product launch activity within the rice sector and understand where opportunities exist.
Eight out of 10 consumers believe that diet and nutrition are important for creating a feeling of wellbeing. Speciality rice varieties are ideally placed to fulfill this consumer demand for healthy, wholesome products, but current innovation trends fall short of the mark.
Two thirds of consumers enjoy making new things to eat or trying different foods and two out of five consumers say that their taste in food has changed as a result of exposure to foods from other cultures, revealing opportunities to launch new speciality rice products targeted at this group of curious consumers.
63% of consumers say that environmental and ethical considerations are important when deciding which products or services to purchase, but the number of new product launches of organic and fair-trade rice remains very rare.
- What are the opportunities for positioning speciality rice varieties within the premium tier?
- How can I make the most of the healthy and wholesome properties of speciality rice varieties?
- How can I market organic or fair-trade rice products?