• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Microbiology of food. CD-ROM (Spanish Version)
AENOR Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification, January 2010
It includes 34 UNE standards on microbiology of food. Its content provides information for the development and implementation of methods standardised in laboratories, guaranteeing the results obtained and the quality and safety of the foodstuffs subject to control.
The said UNE standards contain, among other, specifications relating to:
- Preparation of culture media in the laboratory.
- Preparation of test samples, initial suspension and decimal dilutions for microbiological examination.
- Detection of Salmonella, Escherichia coli O157, Shigella spp., Yersinia enterocolitica, Clostridium perfringens, etc.
- Protocol for the validation of alternative methods.
- Application of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for the detection of pathogens.
Standards are subject to regular reviews in order to ensure they are updated and in line with the progress made by industry and society. For this reason, although the standards contained in this handbook were valid when going to press, the amendments to be made in the UNE standards catalogue in the future may affect this section.