Publishing in China
- ID: 2112992
- August 2015
- Region: China
- 29 pages
Publishing in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The Chinese publishing market had total revenue of $36,068.7m in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% between 2010 and 2014.
- The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2014, with total revenue of $22,259.8m, equivalent to 61.7% of the market's overall value.
- Strong economic performance has laid a solid financial foundation for the Chinese publish market to grow healthily. In addition, the increasing popularity of online books has also contributed to the growth of the market valu
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China publishing market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the China economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the China publishing market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the China publishing market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's publishing market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
China Publishing Group
Next Media Limited
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: China publishing market value: $ billion, 2010-14
Table 2: China publishing market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2010-201
Table 3: China publishing market category segmentation: $ billion, 2010-201
Table 4: China publishing market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2014
Table 5: China publishing market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Table 6: China Publishing Group: key facts
Table 7: Next Media Limited: key facts
Table 8: Next Media Limited: key financials ($)
Table 9: Next Media Limited: key financials (HK$)
Table 10: Next Media Limited: key financial ratios
Table 11: People's Daily: key facts
Table 12: China size of population (million), 2010-14
Table 13: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 14: China gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 15: China inflation, 2010-14
Table 16: China consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14
Table 17: China exchange rate, 2010-14
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: China publishing market value: $ billion, 2010-14
Figure 2: China publishing market category segmentation: $ billion, 2010-2014
Figure 3: China publishing market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 4: China publishing market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the publishing market in China, 2014
Figure 11: Next Media Limited: revenues & profitability