• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Strategic Analysis of the Global Healthcare Biometrics Market
Frost & Sullivan, April 2012, Pages: 130
This study of the global healthcare biometrics market provides a comprehensive technology and competitive structure analysis for fingerprint, face, iris, hand, voice, and other technologies. A revenue forecast for all applications has been provided and an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation, along with an end user case study. The base year is 2011 with forecasts running through 2017. Various drivers for growth have been analyzed to identify opportunities in the marketplace. The study also provides revenue forecast, technology trends, market trends, pricing trends and distribution trends. Detailed analysis of Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe are included.
Total Healthcare Biometrics Market—Market Trends
Consolidation in the industry is expected to continue, with major companies taking over small companies in order to grow business and smaller companies looking for stable partners in order to survive in the competitive market. Besides these mergers and acquisitions, vendors have realized the significance of strategic partnerships with global participants as evidenced by the following developments:
- The ISO (International Standards Organization) and IEC (International Electro Technical Commission) put out a new standard to ensure security of personal and sensitive biometric data processed online.
- In February of 2011, Lumidigm and Imprivata partnered to deliver an integrated solution for healthcare clinicians to provide reliable and quick access to EMR applications even while wearing surgical gloves. Lumidigm also partnered with Verimetrics to deliver a leading biometric single sign-on solution for
applications such as hospitals, emergency response vehicles, and retail stores.
- In July of 2011, SAFRAN finalized the acquisition of L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc.. This acquisition has strengthened SAFRAN’s position in the biometrics market and in August , BIO-key International, Inc. signed an agreement to acquire fingerprint manufacturer Montreal-based S.I.C. Biometrics Inc.
- In September of 2011, Nuance Communications, Inc. closed the acquisition of Loquendo. This will help the company to offer a broad, and high-quality portfolio of solutions.
- Also in September of 2011, Biometric Signature ID, Inc. entered into a partnership with Valtech to provide solutions that would greatly enhance the online security of its worldwide customers.
Hospitals are switching to biometrics technology to enhance security, speed the admission process, and reduce avoidable errors.
- Some of the biometric technologies hospitals are using include fingerprint, palm readers, iris scanners, and voice recognition systems. These devices are used to identify a patient's medical record and track and control the sensitive information from being breached or tampered.
-The clinic Urban Health Plan in Bronx, New Year, has been using iris scanners for last two years to avoid mistaken identities and also to ensure that patient records are not mishandled.
- The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, has a voice recognition system to allow patients to access information over the phone.
- St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center, Inc., an Indiana-based healthcare provider will be deploying fingerprint biometrics scanners to enhance security and at the same time provide the speed and simplicity of access demanded by the users.
- Simply Healthcare Plans (SHP), a Florida-based HMO, will be implementing biometrics technology to curb fraudulent activities. The SHP customers will have their irises scanned at the initial point of contact at the healthcare facility.
Total Healthcare Biometrics Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
The CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective
Market Forecasts by Application
- Logical Access Control Segment Breakdown
- Physical Access Control Segment Breakdown
- Transactional Authentication Segment Breakdown
Market Forecasts by Technology
- Non-AFIS Fingerprint Segment Breakdown
- Face Recognition Segment Breakdown
Section Slide Numbers
- Iris Recognition Segment Breakdown
- Hand Geometry Segment Breakdown
- Voice Verification Segment Breakdown
- Other Technologies Segment Breakdown
Market Forecasts by Region
- North America Breakdown
- EMEA Breakdown
- Asia-Pacific Breakdown
- Rest of World Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.