• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Online Retailing in France 2011
ResearchFarm Ltd, June 2011, Pages: 51
- How does the French online retailing market differ from other markets in the EU and US? What are the long term potential growth rates? Are there any hindrances to growth going forward? What is absolutely crucial to bear in mind when expanding into the market?
- What are the leading online sectors? Is clothing more lucrative than consumer electronics and media? How big is the opportunity for each?
- How big are the sales figures of the leading players, interesting newcomers to the online scene? Who are truly global players among France's pureplays? What opportunities and threats are they coming up against? What are their growth rates? What benchmarks are the best players in the sector achieving? Which online specialists are still missing? Who is the French equivalent of Amazon? How does Fnac stay relevant as music & video sales migrate online? What are PPR's plans going forward?
- Which French innovation has greater potential to revolutionise international online retailing? The ‘drive' (click & collect) concept as pioneered by the online grocers or the club model reinvented by vente privee?
THIS REPORT WILL ALLOW YOU TO
- Benchmark by comparing your KPIs with those of the outstanding players profiled in the report and shows best in class execution.
- Identify pitfalls and highlights opportunities with market an sector sizes to target the growing niche about to become mainstream.
- Learn from established players. As key drivers for success and the points of difference in operating are clearly laid out, these can be incorporated into
your own model.
- Understand the competition and what the future will bring.
Market fundamentals: France
Total retail and online retail spend 2005 - 2010 (EURO m): online storming ahead
2009 Sales in EURO m: Segments
Segment profile: Clothing and consumer electronics neck and neck
Segment profile: Grocery, Cultural products and home sectors
Retailer online turnover in EURO m: Top ten France 2008-2010
Cdiscount - first to break the EURO 1.0bn barrier
Cdiscount - partnerships and private label
Red Cats - hot in pursuit, up for disposal
Red Cats - technological innovation
Red Cats - acquisitions and internationalisation
Vente privee - inspiring copycats everywhere
Vente privee - internationalisation
Vente privee - widening its appeal
3 Suisses - from catalogues to multichannel
Rueducommerce - consumer electronics pureplay
Fnac - bricks and mortar staying relevant in music & video
Pixmania - consumer electronics pureplay II
Amazon - catching up rapidly
Other interesting players:
PPR Groupe - Strategy
The Carrefour Pixmania tie up
Assessing the opportunity: France
Assessing the opportunity: The model
Assessing the opportunity: The result
Outlook & Recommendations: France
A quick look at France's online grocery sector
Chronodrive - the innovator par excellence
Carrefour and the others
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.