Printed from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/2126928
South Africa Retail, Direct Selling, B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
""South Africa Retail, Direct Selling and B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" provides an in-depth analysis of B2C commerce in Africa. In addition to general demographic and economic facts and figures, each of the categories retail, direct selling and B2C E-Commerce are outlined in detail.
South Africa's demographics are unusual, which has an impact on commerce too. In 2011, almost one quarter of all inhabitants were unemployed, which is far more than the worldwide average of nearly one tenth. Secondly, 60 percent of the population of 50 million were younger than 30 in South Africa.
South African retail continues to grow
For retail, the ""South Africa Retail, Direct Selling and B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" presents segments, key market figures and the six largest players based on global revenue. The report shows that retail market revenue is expected to grow by double digit percentage rates at least until 2015, which can be attributed, amongst others, to growing income and the increasing number of foreign visitors to the country. The consumer electronics market, which is the largest on the entire continent, is forecasted to generate revenues of more than 10 billion USD for 2015, almost 10% of total retail sales. The supermarkets Shoprite, Massmart and Pick n Pay were the largest retailers in South Africa in terms of global revenue.
Household goods very popular in direct selling in South Africa
Furthermore, the ""South Africa Retail, Direct Selling and B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" analyzes direct selling. It is shown that revenue was expected to increase by 10 percent in 2011. ""Household Goods"" were the top selling product category in 2010, closely followed by ""Financial Products"".
B2C E-Commerce continues its success in South Africa
Finally, a closer look is taken at the B2C E-Commerce market. In December 2011, South Africa was the fifth largest nation in Africa in terms of Internet users, with Nigeria being at the top of the list. B2C E-Commerce is expected to become even more popular in 2012, as a result of increased smartphone use and Internet penetration. Between 2010 and 2011, revenue generated in this sector increased by nearly one third and the share of online shoppers compared to all Internet users also grew by a number of percentage points. Kalahari was the most popular online shop, ahead of Amazon and Bid-or-Buy. Groupon had the largest market share among all group buying websites in 2011, followed by Wicount.
- Almost a quarter of all people living South Africa was unemployed in 2011, a much higher rate than the world average of below 10%.
- South African retail sales are expected to increase until at least 2015, based on factors including higher disposable income and more foreign visitors.
- Turnover in direct selling in South Africa was projected to continue risingin 2011.
- In 2011, B2C E-Commerce sales in South Africa increased by almost a third compared to 2010, while the share of online shoppers on Internet users also grew.
- In 2011, more than 10% of mobile Internet users in South Africa “Had shopped via Mobile Phone”, a trend that was connected with the broad acceptance of mobile payment solutions.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team
2. ECONOMY AND DEMOGRAPHICS
- South Africa vs. World Average Economic Comparison, 2011
- Economic Facts about South Africa
- Economic Trends in South Africa, 2011
- Demographic Facts about South Africa, 2011
- South African Population by Age Groups, in % of total Population, 2011
- South African Population by Provinces, in % of total Population, 2011
- Retail Sales Outlook for South Africa, 2011-2015
- Retail Sales in South Africa, in ZAR billion, 2011e & 2015f
- Retail Sales Trends, 2010/2011 and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Sales Growth, in %, 2009 & 2010
- Seasonally adjusted total Retail Trade Sales at constant 2008 Prices, monthly, in ZAR million, 2007-Feb 2012
- Retail Category Sales Trends in South Africa, 2011-2015 and Consumer Electronics and Over-the-Counter Pharmaceuticals Sales, in USD billion, 2011e & 2015f
- Share of Food Consumption in South Africa in Terms of total Retail Sales, in %, 2011e & 2015f
- Food Retail in South Africa, 2011/2012
- South African Technical Consumer Goods Market, by Category, in ZAR million, Q1-Q4 2011 and 2010 vs. 2011
- Clothing Retail Trends in South Africa, 2011/2012
- Largest Retail Companies in South Africa among the biggest Global Retail Companies, by Global Retail Sales, in USD million, 2010
- News about South African Retailers: Shoprite, 2011/2012
- News about South African Retailers: Massmart, 2011/2012
- News about South African Retailers: Pick n Pay, 2011/2012
- News about South African Retailers: SPAR, 2011/2012 and SPAR Group Revenues, in ZAR billion, 2007-2012f
- News about South African Retailers: Steinhoff International, 2011/2012
- News about South African Retailers: Woolworths, 2011/2012
4. DIRECT SELLING
- South African Direct Selling Turnover, in ZAR billion, 2009-2011f
- Direct Selling Sales in South Africa by top Categories, in % of Sales, 2010
- Direct Selling Sales in South Africa by top Provinces, in % of Sales, 2010
- Direct Selling Sales People in South Africa, in millions, 2009 & 2010
- Breakdown of Direct Selling Sales People in South Africa, by Gender, in %, 2010
- List of Direct Selling Players in South Africa, 2012
5. B2C E-COMMERCE
- Africa Top 10 Internet Countries, in million Users, December 2011
- Africa Top 10 Facebook Countries, in million Users, December 2011
- Social Media Trends in South Africa, 2011
- Online Habits of South African Audience on Real Estate Websites, 2012 and Online Activities of South African Real Estate Website Audience, in %, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in South Africa, 2010-2012
- South African Spending on Online Shopping, by Gender, in %, 12 Months ending October 2011
- Top Reasons regarding Choice of Online Retailer, in % Online Shoppers, 2011
- Barriers to foreign Online Shopping in South Africa, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Reasons for Internet Usage in South Africa, 2011-Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Online Retail in South Africa into Air Tickets and Other Online Retail, in %, 2011
- Mobile Retail Trends, 2012
- Share of Mobile Phone Owners in South Africa accessing the Internet using their Phone, in %, 2011
- Breakdown of Mobile Commerce via Mobile Phones in South Africa, in % of Mobile Internet Users, 2011
- Mobile Banking Development, 2011/2012
- B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in South Africa, 2011/2012
- Online Research Conduction prior to In-Store Purchase and Offline Research Conduction prior to Online Purchase in South Africa, by Gender, in % of Internet Users, 12 Months ending October 2011
- Online Research Conduction prior to Online Purchase in South Africa, by Gender, in % of Internet Users, 12 Months ending October 2011
- Online Shopping Security Concerns in South Africa, in % of Internet Users, 2009-2011
- Online Travel Market Trends in South Africa, 2011
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in South Africa, in ZAR billion, 2009-2011
- Breakdown of total Retail in South Africa into Online Retail and physical Retail, in %, 2010 and Online Retail and Physical Retail Growth Rates, in %, 2010
- Most popular Categories in the Holiday Shopping Season in South Africa, in %, 2011
Users / Shoppers
- Online Shoppers in South Africa, in % of Internet Users, 2009-2011
- South African Internet Users having shopped Online, by Gender, in %, 12 Months ending October 2011
- Growing B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa, 2011/2012
- Top 3 Online Shops in South Africa, by Popularity, in %, 2011
- Top 3 most popular Online Shops in South Africa, Unique Visitors, in thousands, and Audience Reach, in %, March 2012
- News about B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa: Bid-or-Buy, 2012
- News about B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa: Kalahari, 2011/2012
- News about B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa: Samsung, 2012
- News about B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa: Takealot, 2011
- News about B2C E-Commerce Players in South Africa: Vaimo, 2012
- Breakdown of Group-buying Websites in South Africa, by Market Share, in %, 2011
- Pick n Pay
- Steinhoff International
Order by Fax - using the order form below
Order By Post - print the order form below and send to
Research and Markets,
Fax order form
To place a fax order simply print this form, fill in and fax the completed form to the number below. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Please verify that the product information is correct and select the format you require.
South Africa Retail, Direct Selling, B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Please enter the quantity of the report format you require.
|Hard Copy||EUR 1785 + EUR€ 50.00 Shipping/Handling *|
|CD ROM||EUR 1785 + EUR€ 50.00 Shipping/Handling *|
|Electronic (PDF) - Single User||EUR 1715|
|Electronic (PDF) - Site License||EUR 3430|
|Electronic (PDF) - Enterprisewide||EUR 5145|
* Shipping/Handling is only charged once per order.
Please enter all the information below in block capitals.
Please fax this form to:
(646) 607-1907 or (646) 964-6609 (from USA)
+353-1-481-1716 or +353-1-653-1571 (from Rest of World)
Please indicate the payment method you would like to use by selecting the appropriate box.
Please post the check, accompanied by this form, to:
Research and Markets,
Please transfer funds to:
27-35 Main Street
If you have a Marketing Code please enter it below:
Please note that by ordering from Research and Markets you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions at http://www.researchandmarkets.com/info/terms.asp