• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Applied Quantum Mechanics. Edition No. 2
Cambridge University Press, June 2006, Pages: 576
Electrical and mechanical engineers, materials scientists and applied physicists will find Levi's uniquely practical 2006 explanation of quantum mechanics invaluable. This updated and expanded edition of the bestselling original text covers quantization of angular momentum and quantum communication, and problems and additional references are included. Using real-world engineering examples to engage the reader, the author makes quantum mechanics accessible and relevant to the engineering student. Numerous illustrations, exercises, worked examples and problems are included; Matlab source codes to support the text are also available.
Preface to the second edition; Preface to the first edition; Matlab programs;
2. Toward quantum mechanics;
3. Using the Schrödinger wave equation;
4. Electron propagation;
5. Eigenstates and operators;
6. The harmonic oscillator;
7. Fermions and bosons;
8. Time-dependent perturbation;
9. The semiconductor laser;
10. Time-independent perturbation;
11. Angular momentum and the hydrogenic atom; Appendix A. Physical values; Appendix B. Coordinates; Appendix C. Expansions, differentiation, integrals, and mathematical relations; Appendix D. Matrices and determinants; Appendix E. Vector calculus and Maxwell's equations; Appendix F. The Greek alphabet; Index.
A. F. J. Levi University of Southern California.