• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Global LTE (Long Term Evolution) Tariff Tracker
Tariff Consultancy, May 2013
Launched in April 2012, the Global LTE Tariff Tracker comprises of a spreadsheet analysis, quarterly descriptive summaries and free customer service.
The database covers pricing for both Mobile Broadband and Smartphone offerings and allows the subscriber to compare like-for-like offerings.
The latest edition covers pricing for an 103 mobile operators across 61 countries worldwide and it is constantly being updated as operators introduce new LTE services both mobile broadband and smartphone price plans.
Prices are given in local currency, Euros and US Dollars.
- Name of LTE vendor
- Geographical coverage
- Launch date
- Type of offering
- Download spped
- Monthly cost
- Data (MB/GB) included
- Outside the bundle pricing
- Promotional pricing in effect at the time of updating
- and relevant notes
- Searchable database by pricing and product
- Summary report of main pricing trends
- Price changes highlighted in red font
- Prices given in local currency, USD and Euros
- Free Analyst enquiry service
EU: 25 countries, 51 operators
Non-EU: 6 countries, 9 operators
Middle East: 6 countries, 9 operators
Asia-Pacific 7 countries, 14 operators
Africa: 6 countries, 6 operators
Americas: 11 countries 14 operators.
The information is presented in database format and prices are presented in local currency, Euros and USD format with the following columns:
LTE launch date
Availability of Service (Location)
Use for (PC/Laptop – IYOM)
Price per month
Name of Plan
Recurring cost in local currency/Euros/USD incl. tax
Recurring cost in local currency/Euros/USD excl. tax
Recurring cost in local currency/Euros/USD excl. tax.
Outside allowance Per 1 Mbyte in local currency/Euros/USD incl. tax
Promotional Pricing (available at the time of updating (April 2012)
LTE Tariff Tracker's latest edition with pricing from over 100 LTE MNOs reveals average inclusive allowance is just over 11 GB
TCL has introduced the Q1 2013 edition of its Global LTE Pricing Tariff Tracker service which for the first time detailed data from over 100 MNOs worldwide, reflecting the continued growth in the introduction of new LTE (4G) Mobile Data services.
The Q1 2013 TCL Global LTE Pricing Tariff Tracker subscription service now includes detailed pricing information from some 103 MNOs worldwide from 61 countries (including Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Americas) - up from 89 MNOs in Q4 2012.
The latest edition of the Quarterly TCL LTE Tariff Tracker service highlights the following key trends:
- The average LTE price worldwide is now just over $53 USD per month.
- The average LTE inclusive allowance is 11.6 GB per month (n1)
- The LTE monthly inclusive data allowance varies by operator from under 1 GB per month ranging up to 20 GB, 30 GB, 40 GB & 80 GB and higher – with some MNOs offering an unlimited mobile data allowance.
- LTE theoretical download speeds also vary by operator, with the largest LTE download speed of 150 Mbps (being used by 8 MNOs (34 price plans)) and the 100 Mbps download speed being one of the most common (being used by 36 operators (180 price plans)).
- Selected MNOs including Smart (Philippines), Telekom (Germany) and Airtel (India) and Portuguese operators have also introduced a range of time-limited price promotions with Smart offering unlimited data for Pre Pay LTE until the end of June 2013.
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.