- Language: English
- Published: December 2012
- Region: Global
Trends and Innovations in Mobile Accessories: Research Report
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Global
- 106 Pages
Based on exploration of over 2000 new accessories released since 2011 (+CES 2012) and a market analysis of major market trends characterizing this growing market of mobile accessories– TrendsSpotting Trends Research has identified about 150 recent released products that reflect new emerging trends in mobile accessories.
The report analyzes the major consumer trends and design characteristics of the selected innovations according to 4 categories: Protective solutions, Charging solutions, Entertainment and Smart solutions integrating apps with hardware.
The report is presented in 100-designed PPT slides illustrating the major trends. Each trend's slide includes product images, names of brands and manufacturers, current consumer prices as well as user experience categorization and consumer trend. At the end of the report you will find Market Research Review (major players, market statistics), Consumer & Design Trend review.
The report “Trends and Innovation in Mobile Accessories” can assist mobile companies in their search for emerging trends, competitive advantages, new product developments, partnerships, and design requirements. It can provide an updated and comprehensive knowledge of the fast growing 30 billion dollar mobile accessories market.
Major trends analyzed in this report:
Consumer and design trends: Traditionalism, Hands free, Wearable devices, Storage, Soft and stiff materials, Fashion, Universal solutions, “On the go”, Wireless, multifunctional, daily tasks and activities monitoring, and more.
User experience trends: Upgrade, Self-expression, Effortlessness, Optimization, Lifestyle.
1. The largest shift in the mobile accessories market identified by TrendsSpotting is no doubtfully marked by intelligent capabilities made available with mobile apps.The mobile accessories market has changed dramatically during the last 12 months, since consumers have largely adopted smartphones, and apps download has become a popular behavior. It is no longer a market of cases and skins but of smart devices supported by intelligent apps.
With the increased use of mobile apps , new opportunities lie for hardware accessories that complement the mobile device. Mobile accessories can now provide smart solutions that were not available before: location tracking, sensors and monitoring devices are put together to allow smarter management systems for homes, transportation, fitness and health care.
2. Protection: The high value of the smartphone device (compared to feature phones) makes it rational for consumers to invest in its protection. As competition in this market strengthens, case makers understand they need to provide more advanced solutions (such as charging capabilities and storage), as part of the case.
3. Charging: With phones following the consumer everywhere, we see a large variety of charging solutions: from simultaneous charging and battery boosts to wireless charging and alternative power sources, consumers can now make sure they will never be disconnected.
4. Entertainment: In the last year we have witnessed a growing trend of mobile accessories that enhances the capabilities of smartphones: its visual and audio features are upgraded to provide a more developed entertainment device, used mostly for games and music. With upgrading such capabilities, the smartphone becomes the center of entertainment in homes and on the go.
Some of the companies / brands reviewed:
- Bling my Thing
- Blue Lounge
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Griffin Technology
- ID America
- Just Mobile
- Louis Vuitton
- Martin Margiela
- Oregon Scientific
- Skunk Juice
- Third Rail Mobility
- Twelve South
- Zagg SHOW LESS READ MORE >
2.Trends and Innovations in Mobile Accessories
2A1. Consumer and Design Trends
2A2. Hot from CES 2012
2A3. Category Summary/ Insights
2B1. Consumer and Design Trends
2B2. Hot from CES 2012
2B3. Category Summary/ Insights
2C1. Consumer and Design Trends
2C2. Hot from CES 2012
2C3. Category Summary/ Insights
2D. New smart solutions:
2D1. Consumer and Design Trends
2D2. Hot from CES 2012
2D3. Category Summary/ Insights
3.Market Research Insights
3A. Major players
3B. Mobile Accessories: Market statistics
3C. Mobile statistics: Smartphone handsets, wireless charging, applications download & purchase, mobile health
4.Trend Review Summary
4A. Market Trends Review
4B. Design Trends Review
5A. Innovations our team found most exciting
5B. More inspirations
TrendsSpotting is a global trends research company, specializing in digital trends and industry innovations. Using a unique combination of marketing research with design focused user experience research we identify key industry trends, develop marketing insights and provide new product development strategy. TrendsSpotting is headed by Dr. Taly Weiss, a marketing researcher expert in technology trends research. Nina Farkache is heading TrendsSpotting's user experience research division. Before joining TrendsSpotting, Nina worked for IDEO, California.