- Published: December 2011
Revolving and co-branded credit cards in Italy - SWOT analysis
- Published: December 2011
- Region: Europe
- 12 Pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report provides a SWOT analysis on the revolving and co-branded credit cards Italian market: strategic map of operators by market, product, typology, nationality, strategies observed by the main players in terms of advertising, distribution channel, communication, winning strategies and their drivers, opportunities and threats on the short / long term.
The report analyses two market segments:
- revolving/option credit cards: defined as credit cards for which the cardholder repays the outstanding balance in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards) or as cards that offer the cardholder the option of settling their account in full or in instalments (option credit cards);?
- co-branded credit cards: are credit cards that can be either paid off in full without accruing interest, with payment of the outstanding amount usually deferred to the end of the month (charge cards), or revolving/option cards on which the outstanding balance accrues interest that can be paid off in monthly instalments. These cards are issued by a joint venture company formed by a finance company and a commercial company that sells the cards under its own brand name. Such cards usually enable the cardholder-customers of the commercial company to use discounts or benefit from promotional initiatives.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. STRATEGIES OBSERVED 6
3.1. Strategic map of operators 6
3.2. Winning strategies 8
4. OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS 9
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 10
List of Tables and Graphs:
MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS, 2011
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: OPPORTUNITIES AND SHORT TO LONG-TERM IMPACT, 2011
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: THREATS AND SHORT TO LONG-TERM IMPACT, 2011
AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVICES EUROPE Limited
BANCA DI SASSARI S.P.A.
BANCA MEDIOLANUM S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DI MILANO S.c.a.r.l.
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CARREFOUR SERVIZI FINANZIARI S.P.A.
CREDITIS SERVIZI FINANZIARI SPA S.P.A.
DEUTSCHE BANK S.P.A.
FINDOMESTIC BANCA S.P.A.
INTESA SANPAOLO S.P.A.
NEOS FINANCE S.P.A.
SANTANDER CONSUMER BANK S.P.A.
UBI BANCA scpa
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|