- Published: December 2011
- Region: Italy
Plastic Card Overview in Italy - SWOT analysis
- Published: December 2011
- Region: Europe, Italy
- 11 Pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report provides a SWOT analysis on the plastic card Italian market: strategic map of operators by market, product, typology, nationality, strategies observed by the main players in terms of advertising, distribution channel, communication, winning strategies and their drivers, opportunities and threats on the short / long term.
The report provides an overview of the payment cards market and further analyses market trends in 2011
and the outlook for 2012 based on the 2010 trends analysed in the three reports dedicated to the payment
cards industry. The three reports published to date include the profiles of all the industry players, however,
due to the fact that the 2011 data are not yet available, this report focuses not on the payment card
competitors but on the profiles of the companies in the card value chain that operate in the non-captive
The report analyses:
- Debit cards: classic debit cards enable the cardholder to withdraw cash and to make payments using the national and international card circuits;?
- Prepaid cards: prepaid debit cards can be top-up or throw-away;?
- Charge cards: are credit cards that enable the cardholder to settle their balance after the transaction/purchase date (usually the end of the month);
- Revolving/option credit cards: defined as credit cards for which the cardholder repays the outstanding balance in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards) or that offer the cardholder the option of settling the balance in full or in instalments (revolving option credit cards). The category includes non-revolving instalment cards.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. STRATEGIES OBSERVED 6
3.1. Strategic map of operators 6
3.2. Winning strategies 7
4. OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS 8
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 9
List of Tables and Graphs:
MAP OF STRATEGIC PLAYERS, 2011
PLASTIC CARDS OVERVIEW: OPPORTUNITIES AND SHORT TO LONG-TERM IMPACT, 2011
PLASTIC CARDS OVERVIEW: THREATS AND SHORT TO LONG-TERM IMPACT, 2011
AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVICES EUROPE Limited
BANCA CARIGE S.P.A.
BANCA DELLE MARCHE S.P.A.
BANCA MEDIOLANUM S.P.A.
BANCA MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA (cons) S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DI MILANO S.c.a.r.l.
BANCO POPOLARE SC
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CARREFOUR SERVIZI FINANZIARI S.P.A.
CARTALIS IMEL S.P.A.
CASSA CENTRALE CREDITO COOPERATIVO DEL NORD EST
CASSA DI RISPARMIO DI BOLZANO S.P.A.
CONSORZIO TRIVENETO S.P.A.
CREDITIS SERVIZI FINANZIARI SPA S.P.A.
DEUTSCHE BANK S.P.A.
DINERS CLUB ITALIA S.P.A.
EASY NOLO S.P.A.
FINDOMESTIC BANCA S.P.A.
GHIRLANDA SMART CARD SOLUTIONS S.P.A.
ICCREA BANCA S.P.A.
INGENICO ITALIA S.P.A.
INTESA SANPAOLO S.P.A.
KEY CLIENT CARDS & SOLUTIONS S.P.A.
OBERTHUR TECHNOLOGIES ITALIA S.R.L.
POSTE ITALIANE S.P.A.
SANTANDER CONSUMER BANK S.P.A.
UBI BANCA scpa
VENETO BANCA scpa