- Published: July 2011
- Region: Italy
Sanitary ware and baths in Italy - SWOT analysis
- Published: July 2011
- Region: Europe, Italy
- 13 Pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report provides a SWOT analysis on the sanitary ware and baths Italian market: strategic map of operators by market, product, typology, nationality, strategies observed by the main players in terms of advertising, distribution channel, communication, winning strategies and their drivers, opportunities and threats on the short / long term.
- Sanitary ware, includes:?
- Bathroom ceramics: traditional washbasins, fitted washbasins, surface-mounted washbasins, console washbasins, countertop basins, shower columns, toilets, bidets, storage units, shower trays;?
- Kitchen ceramics; kitchen sinks;?
- Special ceramic products: wash tubs, washbasins and toilets for schools and hospitals, washbasins and toilets for the disabled, small hand washbasins, special items.
- Baths include the following products:?
- Steel and cast iron baths: these are manufactured in various sizes and thicknesses in the traditional rectangular shape. Cast iron baths, which are all imported, are characterised by their traditional style and limited target market;?
- Simple acrylic baths: the materials are lighter, allowing greater variety of shape, the segment is typified by high level functional and design solutions.
- Acrylic whirlpool baths: these are top of the range products. The technology used, based on pumps fitted in between the two shells of the bath and nozzles on the inside surface, allows water jets to create a massage effect. Various luxury models are available, including larger sizes and different shapes, with numerous complementary functions. Combined versions include a shower enclosure.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. STRATEGIES OBSERVED 6
3.1. Strategic map of operators 6
3.2. Winning strategies 9
4. OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS 10
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 11
List of Tables and Graphs:
MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS IN SANITARY WARE, 2011
MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS IN BATHS, 2011
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: OPPORTUNITIES AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2011
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: THREATS AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2011
A.R.T. CERAM. S.R.L.
ALEXA 3000 S.R.L.
ANTONIOLUPI DESIGN S.P.A.
AZZURRA SANITARI IN CERAMICA S.P.A.
BLU BLEU S.R.L.
CERAMICA ALTHEA S.P.A.
CERAMICA CATALANO S.R.L.
CERAMICA CIELO S.P.A.
CERAMICA ESEDRA S.R.L.
CERAMICA FLAMINIA S.P.A.
CERAMICA GLOBO S.P.A.
CERAMICA GRAVENA S.R.L.
CERAMICA SANITARIA BORGHETTO CE.SA.BO. SCARL
CERAMICA TECLA S.R.L.
DISEGNO CERAMICA S.R.L.
DURAVIT ITALIA S.R.L.
FALERI CERAMICA SANITARI S.R.L.
GLASS IDROMASSAGGIO S.R.L.
GRUPPO SANITARI ITALIA S.P.A.
HIDRA CERAMICA S.R.L.
HOESCH DESIGN GMBH S.R.L.
IDEAL STANDARD ITALIA S.R.L.
IEMMECI - INDUSTRIA MANUFATTI CERAMICI S.R.L.
JACUZZI EUROPE S.P.A.
KALDEWEI ITALIA S.R.L.
LAUFEN ITALIA S.R.L.
OLYMPIA CERAMICA S.R.L.
SCARABEO CERAMICHE S.R.L.
TEUCO GUZZINI S.P.A.
VITAVIVA ITALIA S.R.L.
ZUCCHETTI RUBINETTERIA S.P.A.