- Published: December 2013
Keeping Unions at Bay
- Published: January 2011
- Region: Global, United States
- 75 Minutes
- Business Management Daily, a division of Capitol Information Group, Inc
Having your employees vote against union membership is a great feeling. But there’s an even greater feeling — having employees who are so happy that they don’t even WANT a union.
In troubled economic times, workers may look to unions as a source of job security (real or imagined). But believe it or not, there are steps you can take TODAY to avoid a unionized workforce — and they won’t cost you one thin dime.
To help you keep your workers (and your bosses) happy, Business Management Daily has teamed up with one of America’s top labor and employment experts to show you the techniques that savvy employers use to stop unionization before it starts — in an informative session called Keeping Unions at Bay.
In this special 75-minute recording, labor expert David Rittof provides a detailed rundown of the steps you MUST take to keep organizers off your doorstep, like:
- 14 steps to better employee relations
- The 10 early warning signs of union activity in your workplace
- How vulnerable YOUR organization is to union campaigns
- The mistakes your managers are making RIGHT NOW that practically invite a union to step in
- Big Labor’s newest organizing tactics — and how to counteract them (without violating the NLRA)
- Practical changes to your current HR practices to make employees not even think about wanting a union
- What President Obama has promised the unions — and how he still plans to follow through
- And much more!
It’s easy to put off communicating with your employees, and even easier to ignore the potential warning signs of unionization. But dealing with a disgruntled workforce, and their aggressive union reps? That’s not so easy. The good news is that there are moves you can make — right now — to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Find out how to stay union-free … comply with ALL rules and regulations … AND keep your employees happy with Keeping Unions at Bay. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
David Rittof is the executive vice president and co-owner of Modern Management, Inc., a Chicago-based employee relations consulting firm. David is an expert in employee relations and is a popular speaker on union issues to employer groups around the country. In his 26 years with the firm, he has successfully assisted numerous organizations in maintaining non-union status, provided preventive management training on the union campaign process and developed action plans for employee morale issues. David also has taught at the University of Illinois and is the co-author of Quality Circles, a textbook used by numerous universities and businesses.