• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
e-Retail Industry Report 2012
IMRG, February 2012, Pages: 45
The Industry report provides a glimpse of comments from leaders in the e-Commerce sector and identifies best practice through analysis of current and future trends, to enable IMRG members to go into 2012 with the best possible chance of success.
Featuring contributions from Cisco, MetaPack, Wiggin LLP, Starfish 360, eDigitalResearch, Bond Pearce LLP, Capgemini, WorldPay, Criteo, Manhattan Associates, Experian Hitwise and IMRG.
Some key comments:
- Retailers need to make their presence across multiple channels wherever possible, although technology has enabled skyrocketing growth of online retail.
- Use of mobile for comparing product prices posed numerous challenges to retailers as the percentage of mobile sales has grown from 0.4% to 3.9% from 2010 to 2011.
- Comments were also made on contactless payment solutions and flow of data to render more security and data sensitivity.
- Importance of multi-channel in delivery of parcels offers shoppers various options at the point of purchase.
- In future, scalability and control would be the key concerns for retailers when goods are delivered either through direct shipping or via a large distributor.
- Growing importance of smart phones, smart TVs and smart Networks can't be ignored as consumers are embracing these devices at a faster pace than anticipated by retailers.
- IMRG analysis revealed a strong growth in e-retail sales during the festive season with online-only/catalogue retailers recording year-on-year growth of 11% in the first half of 2011 to 13% in the latter part of the year.
- Increasing impact of m-commerce in Africa inspired users to shop from mobile devices rather than in-store.
- With 85% of the UK now online and e-retail sales expect to grow by 13% this year, retailers have increased their online advertising to reflect this shift.
Introduction - Anticipating Retail's Reinvention
James Roper, CEO, IMRG
2012 - Omni-Channel in-store Security Implications
Sean Clar, Vertical Solutions Architec, Cisco
Expansion is a Matter of Delivery
Shiran Liyanage, Head of Channel Development, Metapack
2012: The Year to be Smart
Sarah MacDonald, Solicitor, Wiggin LLP
Review of the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index
Tina Spooner, Chief Information Officer, IMRG
Embrace Mobile-commerce with an integrated and Scalable Strategy
Chris Brassington, CEO, Starfish 360
A Single Customer View: Understanding the Multichannel Consumer
Derek Eccleston, Head of Resarch, eDigitalResearch
The World View
Aad Weening, Head of International, IMRG
ALL CHANGE - What Lies Ahead in the Legal Landscapte for 2012?
Veronica Bailey, Practice Development Lawyer, Bond Pearce LLP
2012: The Year of the Multichannel Retailer
Chris Webster, VP Head of Retail Capgemini
Payments of the Future-Mobilising for the Race in Future Payments
Gabriel Hopkins, Head of eCommerce Products, WorldPay
The Future of Online Advertising
Michael Steckler, Managing Director, Northern Europe, Criteo
Retail Trends for 20120: Impulse Purchases, Experience Centres and Consumer Control
Craig Sears-Black, UK Managing Director, Manhattan Associates
Online growth against a tough economic backdrop
James Murray, Marketing Research Analyst, Experian Hitwise
IMRG Activity Review 2010
IMRG is the UK's e-Retail industry association, engaged in promoting best practices in a pragmatic manner through provision of latest market insights, guidance, tools and networking events. Their research reports enable management executives to extract key information on latest (e-commerce) trends, consumer insights and formulate key business strategies.
Analysis carried out by our researchers is backed by real-time market information and data collected from reliable sources such as national statistical offices, membership organisations, business reports and news articles. Additionally, the data presented in reports is collected through extensive market research and views opined by industry leaders
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.