Electronic Security and Active Fire Protection Products in the Hotel Sector Report - UK 2011-2015 Analysis
- Language: English
- 61 Pages
- Published: December 2011
- Region: United Kingdom
Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) has launched the third in the series of it’s ‘Valuing Home Delivery Review’ following on from those published in 2006 and 2008. The 2010 review, produced in cooperation with Postcode Anywhere Ltd, serves to show what progress the e-Retail industry is making to eradicate inefficient cost for its stakeholders and to keep it focused on the opportunities that remain.
- The online and catalogue retail industry now serves an estimated 26.9 million active online consumers in the UK and is expected to rise to 30 million by 201.
- These consumers are currently responsible annually for:
- Purchasing an estimated £49.8 billion of goods and services 2
- Requiring the delivery of an estimated 1.1 billion parcel and packets each year comprising more than 1bn home deliveries
- Generating approximately £4 billion per annum in delivery charges.
- Current levels of delivery inefficiency add 70p to the cost of every parcel dispatched and 75p for every delivery.
- For every 1% improvement in 1st time, on time delivery performance the UK e-Retail industry can recover at least £65.2 million in costs.
3. FAST FACTS (EXECUTIVE SUMMARY)
4. THE CONSUMER VIEW
4.1 Consumer Costs
4.2 Environmental Cost
5. THE RETAILER VIEW
5.1 Retailers Costs
6. THE CARRIERS VIEW
6.1 Carriers Costs
7. THE INDUSTRY VIEW
8. HOW CAN HOME DELIVERY BE IMPROVED?
8.1.1 No One at Home
8.1.2 Collection from the carrier
8.2.1 No One at Home
8.2.2 Collection from another location
8.3 Current Practice
8.4 Practical Solutions
9. SETTING THE STANDARD
IMRG is the UK’s e-Retail industry association, engaged in promoting best practices in a pragmatic manner through provision of latest market insights, guidance, tools and networking events. Their research reports enable management executives to extract key information on latest (e-commerce) trends, consumer insights and formulate key business strategies.
Analysis carried out by our researchers is backed by real-time market information and data collected from reliable sources such as national statistical offices, membership organisations, business reports and news articles. Additionally, the data presented in reports is collected through extensive market research and views opined by industry leaders
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|1 - 5 Users||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a 1-5 user licence, allowing up to five users have access to the product.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|