• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Greenwich Report - Electronic Trading Tops 60% of Global FX Volume
Greenwich Associates, April 2012, Pages: 4
Strong growth in electronic trading activity last year pushed electronic foreign exchange volumes above 60% of the overall global FX market for the first time. However, electronic trading systems did not attract new users last year. Instead, eFX growth was driven entirely by a pickup in the share of total foreign exchange trading volume routed to electronic systems by existing users. This report reveals the year-over-year changes in electronic foreign exchange trading volumes both regionally and by industry, as well as the trends in usage of FX platforms types and algorithmic trading.
Methodology: Between September and November 2011, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,632 top-tier users of foreign exchange services at large corporations and financial institutions in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Participants were asked about market trends and their relationships with their dealers.
Electronic trading, e-trading, foreign exchange, FX, eFX, algo's, algorithmic, swaps, rollovers, aggregators, volumes
1. Strong Growth in North America, Asia and Europe
2. Biggest Market Participants Lead E-Trading Push
3. Platforms Win Trading Business from Corporations and Financial Institutions
4. Hedge Funds Slump
5. Retail Aggregators: The Return
6. A Multi-Dealer World
7. A Faster, More Sophisticated Future
List of Tables
1. Year-Over-Year Percent Change in Trading Volumes
2. Electronic Trading Penetration and Market Share
3. Type of Electronic Trading System Used
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.