- Language: English
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Italy
Paints and coating products for the building industry in Italy - SWOT analysis
- Published: March 2013
- Region: Italy
- 18 pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report provides a SWOT analysis on the Paints and coating products for the building industry Italian market: strategic map of operators by market, product, typology, nationality, strategies observed by the main players in terms of advertising, distribution channel, communication, winning strategies and their drivers, opportunities and threats on the short / long term.
The sector is divided up according to the type of application:
- Products for exterior use - on facades (with the related undercoats and primers);
- Products for interior use (with the related undercoats and primers; this area excludes decorative products);
- Decorative products (with the related undercoats and primers);
- Enamels for wood and metal (with related undercoats);
- Transparent varnishes (with related undercoats);
- Other coating products;
- Complementary products, such as concentrated dyes, thinners, stucco and paint stripper.
End customers can be broken down into two types, which have different characteristics and specific
critical success factors:
- Building professionals, includes coating companies, which are supplied either directly by the manufacturer or through specialist retail outlets; the long channel offers a full range of products dedicated to the building industry, and above all a high level of service to the end user.
- Home improvements: end customers are largely small-scale painters and decorators and private DIY enthusiasts, who get their supplies from traditional points of sale such as paint shops, hardware stores and similar outlets. This area includes large scale retail (DIY centres and non-specialist supermarkets), a channel with its own specific characteristics.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. STRATEGIES OBSERVED 6
3.1. Strategic map of operators 6
3.2. Winning strategies 13
4. OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS 15
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 16
List of Tables and Graphs:
MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS: BUILDING PROFESSIONALS, 2013
MAP OF STRATEGIC GROUPS: HOME IMPROVEMENTS, 2013
POSITIONING MAP. 2011 FIGURES
PAINTS AND COATING PRODUCTS FOR THE BUILDING INDUSTRY: OPPORTUNITIES AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2013
PAINTS AND COATING PRODUCTS FOR THE BUILDING INDUSTRY: THREATS AND THEIR SHORT/LONG TERM IMPACT, 2013
- A.L.C.E.A. S.R.L.
- ADICOLOR S.R.L.
- AKZO NOBEL COATINGS S.P.A.
- ARD F.LLI RACCANELLO S.P.A.
- BASF CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS ITALIA S.P.A.
- BOERO BARTOLOMEO S.P.A.
- BSC COATINGS S.R.L.
- C.I.P.I.R. S.R.L.
- C.P. ITALIA S.P.A.
- CANDIS S.R.L.
- DAW ITALIA GMBH CO KG
- CEBOS COLOR S.R.L.
- CO.VER.LAC. S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO A. & B.CASATI S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO ADRIATICO S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO ARCO S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO ARREGHINI PORTOGRUARO S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO ATRIA S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO BRANDINI S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO I.CO.RI.P. S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO MIGLIAVACCA S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO MP S.R.L.
- COLORIFICIO PAULIN S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO SAN MARCO S.P.A.
- COLORIFICIO TIRRENO S.P.A.
- CONTEPLAST COLORIFICIO S.R.L.
- CORI S.R.L.
- COVEMA VERNICI S.P.A.
- DAMASKOLOR S.R.L.
- DI DONATO S.P.A.
- EDISON S.R.L.
- FARBE S.P.A.
- FASSA S.P.A.
- FORNACI CALCE GRIGOLIN S.P.A.
- FRANCHI & KIM INDUSTRIE VERNICI S.P.A.
- GESTIONI FINANZIARIE S.R.L.
- GIOLLI S.R.L.
- GIOVANNI E PIETRO FRATELLI TASSANI S.P.A.
- GIUSEPPE DI MARIA S.P.A.
- HARPO S.P.A.
- IMPA S.P.A.
- INDUSTRIA COLORI FREDDI S. GIORGIO S.R.L.
- INDUSTRIA TOSCANA VERNICI S.P.A.
- ITALCROM S.R.L.
- I.V.A.S. S.P.A.
- J COLORS S.P.A.
- KEIMFARBEN COLORI MINERALI S.R.L.
- KELLY COLOR S.R.L.
- KERAKOLL S.P.A.
- LECHLER S.P.A.
- LINVEA S.R.L.
- LOGGIA INDUSTRIA VERNICI S.R.L.
- MAPEI S.P.A.
- MARRONCOLOR S.R.L.
- MATERIS PAINTS ITALIA S.P.A.
- METALCROM S.R.L.
- NOVACOLOR S.R.L.
- NUOVA COPRIK S.R.L.
- OIKOS S.R.L.
- ORAZIO BRIGNOLA S.P.A.
- P.I.C. PRODOTTI INDUSTRIA CHIMICA S.R.L.
- PLASVEROI INTERNATIONAL S.R.L.
- PPG UNIVER S.P.A.
- RIVAL RIVESTIMENTI S.P.A.
- ROMACOLOR S.R.L.
- SAIF S.R.L.
- SAINT-GOBAIN PPC ITALIA S.P.A.
- SESTRIERE VERNICI S.R.L.
- SIR COLOR S.R.L.
- SOLVEA SOLVENTI VERNICI ED AFFINI S.R.L.
- SPIVER S.R.L.
- TO.VER. ITALIA S.R.L.
- U.C.I.C. S.R.L.
- VALPAINT S.P.A.
- VALT PLASTIC S.R.L.
- VITALVERNICI S.R.L.
- WALER S.R.L.