• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Revolving and co-branded credit cards in Italy - Sector financials
Databank Cerved Group, December 2011, Pages: 15
This report provides financial indicators on the revolving and co-branded credit cards Italian market: key characteristics and drivers of the demand and supply by segment, main reasons for the trends observed, financial indicators of the sector (balance sheets, P&L, financial ratios, productivity indicators, growth rates).
The report analyses two market segments:
- revolving/option credit cards: defined as credit cards for which the cardholder repays the outstanding balance in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards) or as cards that offer the cardholder the option of settling their account in full or in instalments (option credit cards);?
- co-branded credit cards: are credit cards that can be either paid off in full without accruing interest, with payment of the outstanding amount usually deferred to the end of the month (charge cards), or revolving/option cards on which the outstanding balance accrues interest that can be paid off in monthly instalments. These cards are issued by a joint venture company formed by a finance company and a commercial company that sells the cards under its own brand name. Such cards usually enable the cardholder-customers of the commercial company to use discounts or benefit from promotional initiatives.
Although the two markets are distinct, they overlap in certain areas due to the fact that the co-branded card market consists of both revolving and charge cards, while the revolving credit card market encompasses both co-branded and non-co-branded cards. Due to this overlap, the report is not able to provide the aggregate totals for the two markets nor can it show aggregate market share.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. DEMAND ANALYSIS 6
4. SUPPLY ANALYSIS 7
4.1. Key characteristics 7
4.2. Sector financials 10
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 13
List of Tables and Graphs:
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: WEIGHT OF CARD PAYMENTS ON TOTAL ITALIAN CONSUMPTION, 2008-2010
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: MAP OF CO-BRANDED CARD OFFERING, 2011
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: BANKS RESIDENT IN ITALY, AGGREGATE INCOME STATEMENT AND REVENUE DRIVERS, 2008-2010
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: BREAKDOWN OF COSTS TO TOTAL INCOME, 2008-2010
REVOLVING AND CO-BRANDED CARDS: AGGREGATE INCOME STATEMENT OF CONSUMER CREDIT COMPANIES, 2007-2009
AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVICES EUROPE Limited
BANCA DI SASSARI S.P.A.
BANCA MEDIOLANUM S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DI MILANO S.c.a.r.l.
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CARREFOUR SERVIZI FINANZIARI S.P.A.
CREDITIS SERVIZI FINANZIARI SPA S.P.A.
DEUTSCHE BANK S.P.A.
FINDOMESTIC BANCA S.P.A.
INTESA SANPAOLO S.P.A.
NEOS FINANCE S.P.A.
SANTANDER CONSUMER BANK S.P.A.
UBI BANCA scpa