- Language: English
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Italy
Sanitary ware and baths in Italy - Main players
- Published: July 2011
- Region: Italy
- 27 pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report supplies information on the competitors typologies of the sanitary ware and baths Italian market: types of operators, by segment, by nationality or ownership structure, ranking of companies in terms of turnover, net income, competitive positions, breakdown by business segment, regional breakdown, are studied in depth in this report.
Product technology: various technology is used in the sector. In the sanitary ware segment, the technology is based on the moulding, firing and varnishing of mineral raw materials (clay, china clay, feldspar and quartz), which based on the grain and porosity become categorised after processing as vitreous china, fine fire clay and fire clay. In the baths segment, the raw materials used are metallic (steel, cast iron) or plastic (methacrylate, special resins, other synthetic materials). These are thermoformed or cast; in the manufacture of whirlpool baths hydraulic and electronic systems are included to power the water jets.
Function: establishment of the bathroom as an area not only for personal hygiene, but also comfort and wellbeing through the creation of a well decorated and tastefully furnished environment.?
- Sanitary ware, includes:?
- Bathroom ceramics: traditional washbasins, fitted washbasins, surface-mounted washbasins, console washbasins, countertop basins, shower columns, toilets, bidets, storage units, shower trays;?
- Kitchen ceramics; kitchen sinks;?
- Special ceramic products: wash tubs, washbasins and toilets for schools and hospitals, washbasins and toilets for the disabled, small hand washbasins, special items.
- Baths include the following products:?
- Steel and cast iron baths: these are manufactured in various sizes and thicknesses in the traditional rectangular shape. Cast iron baths, which are all imported, are characterised by their traditional style and limited target market;?
- Simple acrylic baths: the materials are lighter, allowing greater variety of shape, the segment is typified by high level functional and design solutions.
- Acrylic whirlpool baths: these are top of the range products. The technology used, based on pumps fitted in between the two shells of the bath and nozzles on the inside surface, allows water jets to create a massage effect. Various luxury models are available, including larger sizes and different shapes, with numerous complementary functions. Combined versions include a shower enclosure.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. TYPES OF OPERATORS 6
4. RANKING OF COMPANIES 7
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 25
List of Tables and Graphs:
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: MANUFACTURERS AND EMPLOYEE NUMBERS BY BUSINESS AREA, 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: SPECIFIC TURNOVER OF TOP COMPANIES, FROM 2008 TO 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: BRANDS OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2011
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: TOTAL TURNOVER OF LEADING COMPANIES FROM 2008 TO 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: IMPACT OF SPECIFIC TURNOVER OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: LEADING COMPANIES' DIVERSIFICATION WITHIN THE SECTOR IN TERMS OF VALUE , 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: BREAKDOWN OF LEADING COMPANIES' SECTOR TURNOVER BY BUSINESS AREA, 2010
SANITARY WARE: BREAKDOWN OF LEADING COMPANIES' SALES BY MATERIAL, 2010
BATHS: DIVERSIFICATION OF LEADING COMPANIES BY SEGMENT, 2010
SIMPLE ACRYLIC BATHS: BREAKDOWN OF LEADING COMPANIES' SALES BY PRODUCT TYPE , 2009 AND 2010
WHIRLPOOL BATHS: BREAKDOWN OF LEADING COMPANIES' SALES BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2009 AND 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: EXTRA-SECTOR DIVERSIFICATION OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: LOCATION AND EMPLOYEES OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: SHAREHOLDERS OF LEADING COMPANIES, 2010
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: TOTAL TURNOVER OF OTHER SECTOR COMPANIES, 2008 AND 2009
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: LOCATION, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES OF OTHER SECTOR COMPANIES, 2009
SANITARY WARE AND BATHS: DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES OF OTHER SECTOR COMPANIES, 2009
A.R.T. CERAM. S.R.L.
ALEXA 3000 S.R.L.
ANTONIOLUPI DESIGN S.P.A.
AZZURRA SANITARI IN CERAMICA S.P.A.
BLU BLEU S.R.L.
CERAMICA ALTHEA S.P.A.
CERAMICA CATALANO S.R.L.
CERAMICA CIELO S.P.A.
CERAMICA ESEDRA S.R.L.
CERAMICA FLAMINIA S.P.A.
CERAMICA GLOBO S.P.A.
CERAMICA GRAVENA S.R.L.
CERAMICA SANITARIA BORGHETTO CE.SA.BO. SCARL
CERAMICA TECLA S.R.L.
DISEGNO CERAMICA S.R.L.
DURAVIT ITALIA S.R.L.
FALERI CERAMICA SANITARI S.R.L.
GLASS IDROMASSAGGIO S.R.L.
GRUPPO SANITARI ITALIA S.P.A.
HIDRA CERAMICA S.R.L.
HOESCH DESIGN GMBH S.R.L.
IDEAL STANDARD ITALIA S.R.L.
IEMMECI - INDUSTRIA MANUFATTI CERAMICI S.R.L.
JACUZZI EUROPE S.P.A.
KALDEWEI ITALIA S.R.L.
LAUFEN ITALIA S.R.L.
OLYMPIA CERAMICA S.R.L.
SCARABEO CERAMICHE S.R.L.
TEUCO GUZZINI S.P.A.
VITAVIVA ITALIA S.R.L.
ZUCCHETTI RUBINETTERIA S.P.A.