- Published: September 2010
Automobile insurance in Italy - Competitive performances and market shares
- Published: November 2011
- 14 pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report supplies information on the competitive performances of the operators of the automobile insurance Italian market: competitive performances by segment, market shares by segment, by distribution channel, breakdown by geographical area, production shares and export quotas by destination countries are studied in depth in this report.
This study analyses two business lines in the automobile insurance market:
- Category 10 policies: compulsory Third-Party Liability for non-rail land vehicles (Responsabilità Civile Autoveicoli - RCA), hereinafter referred to as Vehicle Third-Party Liability insurance (V-TPL);?
- Category 3 policies: optional policies for non-rail land vehicles (Corpi Veicoli Terrestri - CVT) covering fire, theft, robbery, and the so-called "kasko" (damage to policyholder's vehicle), hereinafter referred to as Vehicle Property & Casualty insurance (V-P&C).
The principal characteristics of automobile insurance are:?
- modularity, starting from basic compulsory V-TPL insurance, additional components may be added;
- addressed to a mass market, with a fixed, core compulsory component and a very broad, as yet uncharted, potential for accessory components;?
- variable cost depending on the number of items covered, the type of coverage, and the method of provision;
- possibility of personalisation, mainly in the optional components, allowing the policy to be adapted as closely as possible to the specific needs of the policyholder and his/her characteristics (sex, age, driving habits, etc.).
This report addresses compulsory insurance (V-TPL) and optional insurance (theft, fire, kasko, vehicle service, etc.) covering risks associated with automobiles and non-rail land vehicles in general (commercial vehicles, motorcycles, campers, etc.).
The market is segmented into two business lines coinciding with two specific categories of P&C insurance, which are distinguished as to whether they are compulsory or optional:
- V-TPL policies (Category 10, Third-Party Liability for non-rail land vehicles), which are required by law;
- optional vehicle policies (Category 3, non-rail land vehicles), with coverage segmented as follows:
- driver injuries;?
- damage to windows;?
- vehicle service;?
- acts of vandalism;?
- atmospheric events;?
- legal expenses/license confiscation;?
- damage to policyholder's vehicle (kasko and mini-kasko);
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Market overview 5
2.2. Scope 5
2.3. Segments 6
3. COMPETITIVE PERFORMANCES BY SEGMENT 7
3.1. Market share 7
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 12
List of Tables and Graphs:
AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE: VALUE AND SHARE OF PREMIUMS OF MARKET LEADERS, 2008-2010
V-TPL POLICIES: VALUE AND SHARE OF PREMIUMS OF MARKET LEADERS, 2008-2010
V-P&C POLICIES: VALUE AND SHARE OF PREMIUMS OF MARKET LEADERS, 2008-2010
ALLEANZA TORO S.P.A.
ARCA ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
ASSICURAZIONI GENERALI S.P.A.
ASSIMOCO - S.P.A. COMPAGNIA DI ASSICURAZIONI E RIASSICURAZIONI - MOVIMENTO COOPERATIVO
AUGUSTA ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
AVIVA ITALIA S.P.A.
AXA ASSICURAZIONI SPA
AXA MPS ASSICURAZIONI DANNI S.P.A.
CARIGE R.D. ASSICURAZIONI E RIASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
COMPAGNIA ASSICURATRICE LINEAR S.P.A.
COMPAGNIA DI ASSICURAZIONE DI MILANO S.P.A.
COMPAGNIA ITALIANA DI PREVIDENZA, ASSICURAZIONI E RIASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
DIALOGO ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
DIRECT LINE INSURANCE S.P.A.
DUOMO UNI ONE ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
ERGO ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
FATA ASSICURAZIONI DANNI S.P.A.
FONDIARIA - SAI S.P.A.
GENIALLOYD SOCIETA' PER AZIONI DI ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
GROUPAMA ASSICURAZIONI SPA
HDI ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
HELVETIA COMPAGNIA SVIZZERA D'ASSICURAZIONI SA
INA ASSITALIA S.P.A.
ITAS ISTITUTO TRENTINO ALTO ADIGE PER ASSICURAZIONI SOCIETA' MUTUA DI ASSICURAZIONI
LIGURIA SOCIETA' DI ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
NATIONALE SUISSE COMPAGNIA ITALIANA DI ASSICURAZIONI SPA
SARA ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A. ASSICURATRICE UFFICIALE DELL'AUTOMOBILE CLUB D'ITALIA
SOCIETA' CATTOLICA DI ASSICURAZIONE - SOCIETA' COOPERATIVA
SOCIETA' REALE MUTUA DI ASSICURAZIONI
SUN INSURANCE OFFICE LIMITED
TUA ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
UBI ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
UNIPOL ASSICURAZIONI S.P.A.
UNIQA PROTEZIONE SPA
VITTORIA ASSICURAZIONI SPA
ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY LTD
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|