• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Electronic Money and the Bank in Italy - Sector financials
Databank Cerved Group, September 2011, Pages: 12
This report provides financial indicators on the Electronic Money and the Bank Italian market: key characteristics and drivers of the demand and supply by segment, main reasons for the trends observed, financial indicators of the sector (balance sheets, P&L, financial ratios, productivity indicators, growth rates).
The scope of the report is the entire Italian debit and prepaid cards market and solely the credit cards distributed by the banking and post office companies, i.e., the report does not take account of the credit cards distributed by the specialised companies. In addition, the report analyses the debit and credit card productivity of the ATM and POS channels of the banking and post office companies (POSTE ITALIANE group).
The report analyses the payment cards managed by banks, post office companies and electronic money institutions. The report does not cover companies that manage the international payment circuits nor does it cover the cards not used on the external payment circuits issued directly by the producers of the goods/services to purchase these latter.
The report analyses:
- Debit cards: classic debit cards that enable the cardholder to withdraw cash and to make payments using the national and international card circuits;?
- Prepaid cards: prepaid debit cards can be top-up or throw-away;?
- Credit cards: on which the balance is settled by the cardholder after the transaction/purchase date, usually at the end of the month (charge cards) or in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards).
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. DEMAND ANALYSIS 6
4. SUPPLY ANALYSIS 8
4.1. Key characteristics 8
4.2. Sector financials 8
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 10
List of Tables and Graphs:
ELECTRONIC MONEY AND THE BANK: NUMBER OF NON-CASH TRANSACTIONS PER CAPITA AND PERCENTAGE OF PAYMENT CARD TRANSACTIONS IN ITALY, 2000 AND 2007-2010
ELECTRONIC MONEY AND THE BANK: NON-CASH PAYMENT METHODS, 2010
ELECTRONIC MONEY AND THE BANK: POS PAYMENT CARD TRANSACTIONS IN 2010 AND YEAR-ON-YEAR CHANGE 2007-2010
ELECTRONIC MONEY AND THE BANK: BANKS RESIDENT IN ITALY, AGGREGATE INCOME STATEMENT AND REVENUE DRIVERS, 2008-2010
ELECTRONIC MONEY AND THE BANK: BREAKDOWN OF COSTS TO TOTAL INCOME, 2008-2010
BANCA CARIGE S.P.A.
BANCA DELLE MARCHE S.P.A.
BANCA DI SASSARI S.P.A.
BANCA MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA SC
BANCA POPOLARE DI MILANO S.c.a.r.l.
BANCO POPOLARE SC
CARTALIS IMEL S.P.A.
CASSA CENTRALE CREDITO COOPERATIVO DEL NORD EST
CASSA DI RISPARMIO DI BOLZANO S.P.A.
ICCREA BANCA S.P.A.
INTESA SANPAOLO S.P.A.
POSTE ITALIANE S.P.A.
UBI BANCA scpa
VENETO BANCA scpa