- Published: June 2012
- Region: Italy
Luggage and leather goods in Italy - Sector environment
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Italy
- 10 pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report provides information on the sector environment of the luggage and leather goods Italian market: detailed data on the sector by segment, market trends and its main drivers, competitive forces and their impact on the market, future expectations, recent events and developments in terms of product, distribution channel, potential risks, regulatory framework.
This report focuses on companies that specialise in the production of luggage and leather goods using leather, textiles and other materials (for leather: skai, polyurethane, coated textile fabrics, nylon, etc; for luggage: ABS, polypropylene, aluminium,etc.).
The sector includes three main business areas which are divided into various segments:
- Leather goods, which include:?
bags (handbags and baguettes, men's bags);?
soft briefcases and underarm briefcases.?
- Small leather goods, which include:?
key cases, wallets, document holders, chequebook holders;
other products made from leather, hide, etc.?
- Luggage, including the following products:?
suitcases, duffle bags and drawstring bags;?
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 3
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 4
2.1. Scope 4
2.2. Segments 4
3. SECTOR ENVIRONMENT 5
3.1. Sector data 5
3.2. Competitive forces 6
3.3. Notable recent events and developments 6
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 8
List of Tables and Graphs:
LUGGAGE AND LEATHER GOODS: AMOUNT AND PERFORMANCE OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND, FROM 2008 TO 2012
LUGGAGE AND LEATHER GOODS: IMPACT OF COMPETITIVE FORCES, 2011