- Language: English
- 122 Pages
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Italy
Women's clothing in Italy - Main players
- ID: 2139922
- September 2014
- Region: Italy
- 34 Pages
- Databank Cerved Group
This report supplies information on the competitors typologies of the Women clothing Italian market: types of operators, by segment, by nationality or ownership structure, ranking of companies in terms of turnover, net income, competitive positions, breakdown by business segment, regional breakdown, are studied in depth in this report.
This report analyses all fabric (woven, knitted), leather and fur outerwear for adult women (over 14 years of age).
- Product technology: garments are produced using:
- all types of fabric, in terms of both spun materials (cotton, wool, linen, silk, man-made and mixed fibres) and textile techniques (woven, knitted);
- animal or synthetic leather (made of impregnated fabric/coated with polyurethane resin that looks like natural leather);
- animal or fake fur (made from a fabric produced with natural, artificial or synthetic fibre that looks like animal fur).
- Function: as with all products in the fashion industry, in addition to its primary function of covering and protecting the body, clothing has a social purpose and acts as a status symbol. This greatly influences the characteristics and evolution of consumption and competitive trends.
- Intermediary clients: the main clothing companies supply directly to retailers (short distribution channel, composed of independent stores, direct mono-brand and franchise chains and large scale retail traders), whereas small companies often use the wholesale channel (long distribution channel) to reach retail customers.
This report analyses the main competitors operating directly on the market. These companies have strong brands that encompass all or some of the main types of women's clothing and increasingly extend to total looks, i.e. also including footwear, leather goods and other accessories.
These other categories of goods are not included in the analysis, however, given that they involve different production techniques and are the subject of separate reports..
The analysis also excludes work clothing and sportswear (and the associated companies), which are also analysed in separate reports.
In the case of vertically integrated companies with directly operated stores, market shares generally refer to the value of consolidated global sales (wholesale turnover + retail turnover), with the aim of providing an analysis of the competitive positioning of key sector players that is as in-depth as possible.
Finally, in order to prevent duplicating turnover figures, within the sample of companies analysed, market share does not include:
- companies that operate mainly or exclusively under subcontracting agreements;
- companies focused on licensing activity (designer offer is in fact only attributed to licensing companies);
- companies that act exclusively or mainly as intermediate sellers of third party brands, lower cost logo brands and or/unbranded products.
The sector is segmented:
- into the following four categories, based on the specific price ranges, the quality/design content of garments and other factors within the marketing mix:
- luxury: includes the main lines of designer labels and most prestigious industrial brands;
- high-end: including the diffusion lines of designer labels and quality industrial brands, the so-called accessible luxury segment;
- medium -high end: composed of less differentiated brands than in the previous segment;
- mid -low cost: incorporates fast-fashion companies/chains as well as the lowest cost brands;
This report also provides information on the following product groups:
- suits and outerwear (coats, overcoats, mackintoshes, cloaks, pea-coats, jackets, quilted jackets, women's suits, outerwear and suit separates);
- skirts and trousers (classic, fashion, jeans, dungarees, shorts);
- knitwear (pullovers, jumpers, cardigans, waistcoats, tops, T-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts and other T-shirts).
The methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List Of Companies Analysed 3
1. Introduction To Methodology 4
2. Sector Description 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 6
3. Types Of Operators 8
4. Ranking Of Companies 9
Connected Products And Services 32
List Of Tables And Graphs:
Women's Clothing: Types Of Company Operating In The Sector And Processes Executed
Reference Price Bands By Product Category, 2013
Women's Clothing: Leading Companies' Sector-Specific Turnover, 2011-2013
Women's Clothing: Leading Companies' Brands, 2014
Women's Clothing: Leading Companies' Overall Turnover, 2011-2013
Women's Clothing: Sector-Specific Turnover As A Percentage Of The Total, 2013
Women's Clothing: Diversification Within The Sector By Market Segment, 2013
Women's Clothing: Leading Companies' Diversification Outside The Sector, 2013
Women's Clothing: Location Of Headquarters, Ownership And Employee Numbers Of Leading Companies, 2014
- Aeffe S.P.A.
- Alberto Aspesi & C. S.P.A.
- Antress Industry S.P.A.
- Arcadia Holding S.R.L.
- Belstaff S.R.L.
- Benetton Group S.P.A.
- Bershka Italia S.R.L.
- Betty Blue S.P.A.
- Blufin S.P.A.
- Brunello Cucinelli S.P.A.
- Bvm S.P.A.
- Ca Da Mosto S.P.A.
- Cavaliere Italia S.P.A.
- Ck Stores Italy S.P.A.
- Conbipel S.P.A.
- Confezioni Moda Italia S.R.L.
- Confezioni Peserico S.P.A.
- D & G S.R.L.
- Denny Rose S.P.A.
- Dressing S.P.A.
- Duvetica Industrie S.P.A.
- Emilio Pucci S.R.L.
- Fashion Box S.P.A.
- Fendi S.R.L.
- Fgf Industry S.P.A.
- Finos S.P.A.
- Five Seasons S.R.L.
- Fix Design S.R.L.
- Fornari S.P.A.
- Franklin & Marshall S.R.L.
- Gaudi' Trade S.P.A.
- Gefin S.P.A.
- Giada S.P.A.
- Gilmar Divisione Industria S.P.A.
- Giorgio Armani S.P.A.
- Givi Holding S.P.A.
- Gruppo Coin S.P.A.
- Gruppo Germani S.R.L.
- Guess Italia S.R.L.
- H & M Hennes & Mauritz S.R.L.
- Herno S.P.A.
- Hpf S.R.L.
- In.Co.M. Industria Confezioni Montecatini S.P.A.
- Industries Sporswear Company S.P.A.
- Interfashion S.P.A.
- Italservices S.P.A.
- Liu.Jo S.P.A.
- Loro Piana (Gruppo Economico) S.R.L.
- Luisa Spagnoli S.P.A.
- Luna S.R.L.
- M.G. S.P.A.
- Manifattura Corona S.R.L.
- Manila S.R.L.
- Market Industrie S.R.L.
- Massimo Dutti Italia S.R.L.
- Max Mara Fashion Group S.R.L.
- Miroglio S.P.A.
- Moncler S.P.A.
- Onward Luxury Group S.P.A.
- Otb S.P.A.
- Peuterey Group S.P.A.
- Piazza Italia S.R.L.
- Prada S.P.A.
- Pull & Bear Italia S.R.L.
- Roberto Cavalli S.P.A.
- Sinv Holding S.P.A.
- Stefanel S.P.A.
- Stradivarius Italia S.R.L.
- Swinger International S.P.A.
- Teddy S.P.A.
- Tessilform S.P.A.
- Tod's S.P.A.
- Twin Set - Simona Barbieri S.R.L.
- Valentino Fashion Group S.P.A.
- Via Delle Perle S.P.A.
- Virginia S.R.L.
- W.P. Lavori In Corso S.R.L.
- Zara Italia S.R.L.