• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Women's clothing in Italy - Overview
Databank Cerved Group, November 2011, Pages: 11
This report provides an overview of the women's clothing Italian market and its competitors: key sector data by segment, major recent trends, supply and demand evolution and their main drivers, market leaders, operators’ policies and business strategies.
Regarding specific price ranges, the quality/design content of garments and other leverages of the marketing mix, the sector has been divided into four segments:
- luxury: includes the main lines of designer labels and most prestigious industrial brands;?
- high-end: including the diffusion lines of designer labels and quality industrial brands, the so-called accessible luxury segment;?
- medium -high end: including less differentiated brands than the previous segment;?
- mid -low cost: includes fast-fashion companies/chains as well as the lowest cost brands.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
- the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
- the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
- the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 3
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 4
2.1. Scope 4
2.2. Segments 5
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 6
3.1. Key sector data 6
3.2. Supply and demand trends 7
3.3. Market leaders 7
3.4. Business strategies 7
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 9
List of Tables and Graphs:
WOMEN'S CLOTHING: TYPES OF COMPANIES OPERATING WITHIN THE SECTOR AND STAGES OF ACTIVITY
KEY SECTOR DATA