- Language: English
- 90 Pages
- Published: January 2011
- Region: Australia
Industry Report Card: Asia-Pacific REITs Stand In Good Stead To Face Shaky Conditions Oct 11
- Published: October 2011
- Standard & Poors
Asia-Pacific rated real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies (collectively 'REITs') have toughened up in the aftermath of the global financial crisis. They have repaired their balance sheets, adopted more conservative financial profiles, and diversified their funding sources. However, contagion from Europe could unleash more anxiety to already jittery credit markets in Asia Pacific. Banks and other lenders in the region are already paying more to insure their debt financing, as seen in the widening real-estate credit default spreads (CDS). Coupled with stricter regulatory requirements, bank loans may come with higher interest rates, and consequently, more expensive financing for REITs, as they rely mainly on bank debt for short-to-medium-term financing. Nevertheless, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services considers that...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Hysan Development Co. Ltd.
- CFS Retail Property Trust Group
- Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd.
- Japan Real Estate Investment Corp.
- Nippon Building Fund Inc.
- QIC Shopping Centre Fund
- Westfield Group
- Commonwealth Property Office Fund
- Japan Retail Fund Investment Corp.
- DEXUS Property Group
- GPT Group
- Tokyu REIT Inc.
- Fukuoka REIT Corp.
- Cambridge Industrial Trust
- The Link Real Estate Investment Trust
- Frontier Real Estate Investment Corp.
- Nomura Real Estate Residential Fund Inc.
- AMP Capital Shopping Centre Fund
- Frasers Centrepoint Trust
- Westfield Retail Trust
- Australian Prime Property Fund Retail
- Japan Prime Realty Investment Corp.
- Nomura Real Estate Office Fund Inc.
- ORIX JREIT Inc.
- AMP Capital Wholesale Office Fund
- Mirvac Group
- AmanahRaya Real Estate Investment Trust
- Frasers Commercial Trust
- Nippon Accommodations Fund Inc.
- Goodman Group
- Goodman Property Trust
- Starhill Global Real Estate Investment Trust
- DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund
- Goodman Australia Industrial Fund
- CapitaCommercial Trust
- Keppel REIT Management Ltd.
- Investa Commercial Property Fund
- SABANA SHARI'AH COMPLIANT REIT